Sdhc Card Compatibility

magicman5421

TASTY SNACKS
Website
Visit site
I've been looking around on Newegg for a good 16 gb sdhc card to buy for when i preorder my pandora. One comment that I've noticed on the Newegg comments that there will occasionally be a device that just doesn't work with a particular card. I'd like to know whether there have been any tests done yet and if there haven't, i would like to suggest that some dev do one or two tests with cards from different manufacturers. It'd break my heart if I got my Pandora and had a sdhc card and it just didn't work.

There are hundreds of different SD makes and models. You can't expect somebody to go out and buy all those cards just to test them. In the event that a user finds a particular card that doesn't work, it will surely get posted here and added to the wiki.

If there are any compatibility issues, they will be rare. The safest bet is to only buy high quality, name brand cards. You'll pay a bit more, but you'll get better performance and a guarantee of SD standards compliance. You can't go wrong with Panasonic or SanDisk.

well i think it'd be good for just the devs to post which cards they've been using throughout the process. give people an idea of what to buy.

In my opinion, it isn't worth it to spend your life's savings just to buy a Sandisk card. There is a thread in the GP2X forum about SDHC's, they seem to have a good reputation for working on many devices.

In my opinion, it isn't worth it to spend your life's savings just to buy a Sandisk card.

This was the motivation behind my question. I know that sandisk cards will work because they work in everything but i'm still on a budget.

magicman5421 said:
This was the motivation behind my question. I know that sandisk cards will work because they work in everything but i'm still on a budget.
Then your options are to wait until particular makes/models are confirmed to work, or take a chance on a tier 2 manufacturer like Transcend or Kingston. The chances of one of those cards having a problem is very very small, but be aware that it is not non-existant. If you wait until you have your Pandora to test it yourself, you can just send it back if it doesn't work. Newegg is great for that as long as you don't wait too long after you buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
magicman5421 said:
cool.
newegg rocks! :)
You're goddamn right it does. Now I wish Ledshoppe would just stock SD cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back