Sdhc Card Speed Problem

justinxnitsuj

Still Fresh
Hi all. I bought a SDHC class 6 card. And it is said that they are written with speed of at least 6 mb/s. However i can write to it with speed of 250kb/s :( I write to it when it is in :gp2x Is it because i don't use a card reader ? Or is there a problem with the card ? Thank you ;)

Toady said:
have you any other cards you can try - what are the speeds like ?

What OS are you running and does your PC have USB2.0 ?
yes i have a SD card that came with gp2x. It is a 256 Mb ridata and as i compare they have the same speed.

OS is windows XP and yes i use USB 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
If you speeds such as that, you'll need to purchase a USB2.0 card reader. Don't expect them kind of speeds when using the card in the GP2X, as GPH are incompetent at those things :)

(then again, they did use a specific SD controller on the F200 rather than attempting to write it in software, so maybe you'll get better speeds there)

I'd say 250k/sec is pretty good for a GP2X SD write :lol: Bet your CPU was pegged, too

Squidge said:
If you speeds such as that, you'll need to purchase a USB2.0 card reader. Don't expect them kind of speeds when using the card in the GP2X, as GPH are incompetent at those things :)

(then again, they did use a specific SD controller on the F200 rather than attempting to write it in software, so maybe you'll get better speeds there)

f200 use the GL series chipset :)

Senor Quack said:
I'd say 250k/sec is pretty good for a GP2X SD write :lol: Bet your CPU was pegged, too
If I understand correctly they wired this USB chip (SD card reader IC) to the slot directly so it should bypass the CPU entirely..... but only when the PC is reading/writing to the card. But in real operation where programs on the gp2x read/write the SD card, it should still exhibit the same 'skipping' as the CPU is maxed out since they still have MMSP2 and its awesome broken DMA.... fun fun fun.

Back