Sdl Test - Build Not Running

Ploe

Still Fresh
Website
unquietdesperation.co.uk
Hello. I've recently installed the Codeblocks package that is preconfigured for the GP2X, however when I try to run the .exe of the SDL Test I get an error that asks for the DLL files: SDL.dll, SDL_image.dll and I think it asked for jpeg.dll

Do I need to put those files into my system32 folder or am I missing something vital? I thought this IDE was idiot proof... :blink:

Please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Ploe' said:
Hello. I've recently installed the Codeblocks package that is preconfigured for the GP2X, however when I try to run the .exe of the SDL Test I get an error that asks for the DLL files: SDL.dll, SDL_image.dll and I think it asked for jpeg.dll

Do I need to put those files into my system32 folder or am I missing something vital? I thought this IDE was idiot proof... :blink:

Please help me.
Either put them in system32, or in the same place as the exe. The latter's usually better, as you're less likely to get tied up in dll-hell knots that way! (and you'll need to supply the dlls with the exe if you distribute it, anyway)

Ploe said:
Another quick question, will I have to do all that linker stuff each time I start a new project? Am I best making an empty template?
You can do a number of things. Some setting's you can apply some settings to the compilier.
Another simple thing is to copy the project file ?CBP? and just rename it.

Back