Sdl

El Jefe

So, this doesn't directly relate to the pandora, other than that I was going to try and possibly get an SDL game(Spout 1.3) configured for pandora.
Im trying to compile it, and I managed once like a while ago, but then I reinstalled the OS and stuff. I now have XCode 3.2 or something, and I installed SDL in what I believe to be the correct fashion for mac, I copied the SDL.framework into my library/frameworks folder.
Then, I try to compile the game, with ./configure This gets me the error that it can't find SDL. So, I've been spamming google to see what solutions there are. Apparently, I need to install SDL in the "Unix Style" which involves compiling it myself.
This failboated also (what did I expect....)
giving me a bunch of errors resembling this:

Code:
./src/video/quartz/SDL_QuartzEvents.m:185: error: 'struct SDL_PrivateVideoData' has no member named 'keymap'

Although most of this is completely specific to mac, perhaps some of you have some idea on how to fix this predicament?

http://guides.macrumors.com/Installing_SDL

That took me literally 3 seconds to find on Google. Couldn't have been that hard... Did you even consider going to the official website for SDL and downloading and installing SDL from there?

Vorporeal said:
http://guides.macrumors.com/Installing_SDL

That took me literally 3 seconds to find on Google. Couldn't have been that hard... Did you even consider going to the official website for SDL and downloading and installing SDL from there?
It took me three seconds to find that as well. It also did't help me at all.
It says " Install SDL first - the latest stable version is the best. After installing SDL, install SDL-devel. SDL-devel installs an Xcode project that you are able to use to create SDL applications."
turns out I did try installing SDL from the actual website, I thought I made that clear. The install instructions literally say "Copy sdl.framework into library/frameworks" which is exactly what I did. That second website mentions SDL-devel, which is basically the same thing with a few template .xcodeproj's thrown in. Seeing as I am just trying to compile something, I don't need templates.Not sure where I messed up... but on ./configure of spout 1.3, it tells me it can't find SDL......

Last edited by a moderator:
Try opening it as an XCode project and compiling through there? I doubt that installing SDL for XCode will allow you to compile things normally via the command line.

(Keep in mind that I've never used XCode or tried to develop on a Mac.)

Since I never code in XCode on my Mac, I had to install from source on my Leopard box. It didn't give me any problems. If you are using Snow Leopard, however, the native interfaces that were used by SDL 1.2.13 and were long deprecated, have finally been removed altogether. Try installing the X server from MacPorts or some other source and then select that as your graphics toolkit from the ./configure script. That way it will at least work even if it requires the X server for now. SDL 1.3 should fix the problem when it's complete.

-edit-
The instructions for installing the SDL framework under XCode on the SDL website are about 4 versions obsolete. They are geared toward MacOSX 10.2 or greater. :-/

Arright, finally got it to work:
For future refernce for anyone in my situation, here how I did it.
I'm on Snow Leopard btw
Download Macports, install it. this takes like 30 seconds, its really nice
then use the terminal command: sudo port libsdl +universal
then it should have installed the unix style sdl, which worked for me.

Back