Pandora SDL2 on Pandora??

Robzed

Website
robprobin.com
Hi,

Does anyone know the status SDL2 on Pandora? I have a recently written clone of an ancient ZX Spectrum game (with permission with from the author) that uses SDL2, and I'd like to do a Pandora port.

I did see a post from someone (Jordan Sipes) on the SDL list on Sunday about keyboard layout unknown...

Regards,

Rob

They are finalizing the API, things are starting to move for a final release if you follow the list.

So Cpasjuste did the initial port of SDL2, which was ages ago. It didnt support controls at the time either. I wanted to maintain it and even volunteered publicly once.

At the time I extended the changes to work on wiz/caanoo.

From what i recall the cpas port had a few pandora specific files. Ive wondered if the base opengles support could be used and just the EGL portion would need to be specific, but even a framebuffer version could be generic. If so then control support could just work off basic linux code and all the other specific stuff could be dropped.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have with all the other projects I'm involved in, but I'll try building my game on the Pandora against the tag I have (which is a relatively recent pull from the SDL2 Hg repo), and see what does.

I've used SDL1.2 for years, but the new license and iOS/Android support was originally my reason for moving to the then 1.3 work - but I like what they've done for various bits in the API. 

I guess it wouldn't be too hard back-porting my stuff ... although the hardware-accelerated back-end is nice.

I tried to build SDL2 on the Pandora today ... 

Got "make: *** No rule to make target `src/atomic/linux/*.o', needed by `libSDL.a'. Stop.

Haven't had chance to look at it yet....

Pickle: Do you still want to work on SDL2?
I suppose, but I dont know when. Its one of those things it would be nice to have, but just cant motivate myself to work on.
I'd like a more complete SDL2 for Pandora ... but I'd prefer to work on my game or my robot.

However, I might get a chance to have a look at the non-video stuff (I believe the keyboard stuff is not working properly, for instance). Not sure I'd know where to start on the video stuff... would you care to elaborate on your comments earlier in the thread? 

It's currently bundled in the latest code blocks PND... I assume it's complete.

Back