Sdlquake2

I'm wondering if it would be possible to enable bilinear filtering and make some speedups? Looks like FPS level is not so high..

ninjawiz2x posted on May 20 2009 at 11:26 AM said:
I cant load my save file the screen goes black when I try.
I can load saved games without problems. Are you trying to load saves from PC or that saved with Wiz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moomin posted on May 20 2009 at 06:17 AM said:
ninjawiz2x posted on May 20 2009 at 11:26 AM said:
I cant load my save file the screen goes black when I try.
I can load saved games without problems. Are you trying to load saves from PC or that saved with Wiz?
there for sure is a problem with saves in that version, I guess I need to do some tests again. There basically 2 version's, theres the version on the archive and then I have an ioquake2 version (which only i have). Ioquake2 does work with saves. But it has memory limitation problem. Maybe the first version has some changes in it I can make to the ioquake2.

The problem with using the touchscreen is that the coordinates are always absolute, where quake2 uses relative motion coordinates.

Moomin posted on May 20 2009 at 07:20 AM said:
I'm wondering if it would be possible to enable bilinear filtering and make some speedups? Looks like FPS level is not so high..
Because adding a computationally expensive filter is always the way to go when you are having performance issues ;).

Peter R posted on May 20 2009 at 04:23 PM) [quote="Moomin posted on May 20 2009 at 07:20 AM said:
Because adding a computationally expensive filter is always the way to go when you are having performance issues ;"].[/quote]I didn't really get it, sorry :)
But, I remember Q2 have something like software/OpenGL modes switch. And, as far Wiz have some hardware OpenGL implementation.. this looks possible. Am I wrong?

Moomin posted on May 20 2009 at 01:06 PM) [quote="Peter R posted on May 20 2009 at 04:23 PM) [quote="Moomin posted on May 20 2009 at 07:20 AM said:
Because adding a computationally expensive filter is always the way to go when you are having performance issues ;"] .

I didn't really get it, sorry :"]
But, I remember Q2 have something like software/OpenGL modes switch. And, as far Wiz have some hardware OpenGL implementation.. this looks possible. Am I wrong?[/quote]bilinear filtering increases graphical quality but it makes the gfx chip work harder costing fps.
Your using a software rendered version, it uses SDL. Its not using any opengl.
I did get a opengl version running at one point, but lately it hasnt run, so i didnt release anything.[/quote]Update: I found the memory limitation problem in ioquake2 and its running pretty well (meaning it didnt crash). Good thing is that saves work with ioquake2
Im going to take another look at the nanogl version.

Pickle posted on May 20 2009 at 11:59 AM) Update: I found the memory limitation problem in ioquake2 and its running pretty well (meaning it didnt crash said:
. Good thing is that saves work with ioquake2
Im going to take another look at the nanogl version.
I tried changing the s_khz to 11 from 22, but no luck - ioquake2 doesn't load.

Woah pickle your on fire! Looking forward to the nanogl version. Hopefully being on the same firmware as everyone else has helped.

Devilmandex posted on May 26 2009 at 09:35 AM said:
Woah pickle your on fire! Looking forward to the nanogl version. Hopefully being on the same firmware as everyone else has helped.
Thanks! I ran ioquake2 on firmware 1.0 with no issue besides that the volume is jacked way up.

Really? no memory issues or anything? o_O I need to download, alot of people are saying it doesn't work on 1.0 are you using a different version to the one on the archive or are those people wrong? :p btw will GLquake be fixed? I hate to ask questions like this but I love quake enhancements. one more thing. do mods work?

Pickle posted on May 26 2009 at 03:38 PM said:
Devilmandex posted on May 26 2009 at 09:35 AM said:
Thanks! I ran ioquake2 on firmware 1.0 with no issue besides that the volume is jacked way up.
So it does work ioquake2?

Regards

André

Nope. Not for me anyway.
I'm on firmware 1.0.0
The last version ran just fine but this one just get stuck at the loading... screen when I try to run the game :(
Is there anyway I can make the the wiz log things? That should help.
oh and thanks for the effort Pickle!

Devilmandex posted on May 26 2009 at 09:48 AM said:
Really? no memory issues or anything? o_O I need to download, alot of people are saying it doesn't work on 1.0 are you using a different version to the one on the archive or are those people wrong? :p btw will GLquake be fixed? I hate to ask questions like this but I love quake enhancements. one more thing. do mods work?
should be the same version since Im the one that uploaded it. The offical expansion's shared game objects are included and should work.

everyone make sure you run as ./sdlquake2 +set vid_ref softsdl +set s_khz 22

GLquake will work when its works.

Pickle posted on May 26 2009 at 04:38 PM said:
Mine is set just like that and no luck.
Same thing with Wolf4sdl btw. Can it be connected in some way?

Esslan posted on May 26 2009 at 10:44 AM said:
Pickle posted on May 26 2009 at 04:38 PM said:
Mine is set just like that and no luck.
Same thing with Wolf4sdl btw. Can it be connected in some way?
this is probably a missing shared lib, although I dont know why I havnt seen it since upgrading to 1.0.
Wolf4SDL was missing mikmod, once i added it it worked fine.

Maybe someone can try adding the libgcc* from my vice(test) thread

tested the libgcc (pickle.gp2x.de/vice_libs.zip, right?) and no change.
I just need to put in it the folder with the binaries right? or do I have to copy them to the nand via script?

Esslan posted on May 26 2009 at 11:41 AM) tested the libgcc (pickle.gp2x.de/vice_libs.zip at right? said:
and no change.
I just need to put in it the folder with the binaries right? or do I have to copy them to the nand via script?
In the same folder seems to work fine.

Back