Gpquake 0.6 Beta

I'm running on 166mhz high quality and it runs ~10fps. Sometimes it goes lower (about 7 when theres a lot of stuff going on) and in empty small places it goes at about 20. Its actually quite playable.

Corrupted saves (166MHZ BLU+) when loaded they play for a while and then I get a yellow screen with an error regarding pointers and that includes using saves from 0.5 in 0.6.

@ Woogal: Just out of interest how did you change the floats to fixed points ? are you working with the decimals multiplied up to integers (I know some C++ programmers do this to increase efficiency) ?

Also, some sort of blurring system that ghosts the previous frame over the current would make things look smoother, although it would probably use too much CPU, and further changes seem hardly worth it considering that GPX2 is on the way :D

Mr_Munk posted on Aug 15 2005 at 12:19 PM said:
@ Woogal: Just out of interest how did you change the floats to fixed points ? are you working with the decimals multiplied up to integers (I know some C++ programmers do this to increase efficiency) ?
I didn't. The major bottlenecks were already converted to fixed point by the pocketquake team (gpQuake is a port of pocketquake), but there is still a lot of floating point remaining. Converting everything to fixed point would probably give a nice speed boost, but there's a lot of code to go through and I'm no expert at optimization. The only reason it runs as well as it does is because of improved float support that first appeared in gcc 3.4.

Last edited by a moderator:
WAAAH!! Suddenly my works doesn't work anymore!!
"Bad Pointer" !!!

But just at the "Castle of Damn" level! (dont know if its the right name...)
At the levels before the saves are working!

Not just when i save there is the "bad pointer" error.
sometimes when i shoot then the error also appears.
but just at the "castle of damn" level! :blink: <_<

Please fix these bugs!!!!!!!!! :(

Back