Gpquake 0.4

Really wanna try this out... but I get the error: "gpquake.qbi cannot be found" even thou I have it in the gpmm\quake\ directory '_* ?

Wth is wrong <_<

Timpas posted on Sep 13 2004 at 05:25 PM said:
Really wanna try this out... but I get the error: "gpquake.qbi cannot be found" even thou I have it in the gpmm\quake\ directory '_* ?

Wth is wrong <_<
If gpquake.qbi was in gpmm\quake then you shouldn't be getting that error, even if the file was corrupt. Although I suppose that if the file was completely corrupt and appearing as 0 bytes then maybe it would fail too. Double check the path, and download the zip again. I have only heard of one other person having this problem, and in his case it was because he'd put the file in a folder called gpquake instead of quake.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, sorry it was easy solved by just formating the smc... I should try out more things before I yell for help

EXELLENT WOOGAL! this is just to good!! :D

:(

Could somebody please give me a link to any site which hosts a working .pak file i can use to try this game ive looked but i dont know what to look for and i only have 56k connection so dont want to waste hours downloading the wrong thing.
Thank You

matthewwatt2412 posted on Sep 14 2004 at 08:44 PM said:
:(

Could somebody please give me a link to any site which hosts a working .pak file i can use to try this game ive looked but i dont know what to look for and i only have 56k connection so dont want to waste hours downloading the wrong thing.
Thank You
http://quake.pocketmatrix.com/pak0.pak.zip

TeDaDeS posted on Sep 14 2004 at 10:35 PM said:
The game crashes when I select 256MHz, pitty.
It runs 252MHz fine though up to 35FPS, 15FPS average (low detail, turbo on).

Whoa thats suprisingly low fps. Try highest detail with turbo off. Those modes u used look nasty :p

Anyway, 15 fps means at least that it doesn´t look choppy... Even 13 fps is rather fluid. I wonder why at suchframerates, that are, by PC standards Xtreme low, the game still looks so good and fluid. :lol:
Also, i noticed that the speed difference between very low and very high detail is marginal... just 1-2 fps. So i play it at highest detail, and switch the screen size 1 or 2 steps down, what makes up perfectly for the hires texture speed loss.

any word on the chatboard use yet?
thats got me really interested!!!! this could be what makes me get one!
and what about renaming the doom forum to ID games or First person games
makes more sence than doom
with quake coming better and better, we will need to have a set place for it
maybe even its own forum, like gplinux?

~Octavious

just ran into a problem on the alien TC (which runs great BTW) ,

whenever a face hugger gets you the game crashes, and a screen reading cannot open prog.dat come up
is there anyway to sort this?
thanks

Octavious posted on Sep 15 2004 at 04:31 PM said:
any word on the chatboard use yet?
You press buttons, things happen. I'm not sure what else you want to know?

feddon posted on Sep 15 2004 at 04:32 PM said:
just ran into a problem on the alien TC (which runs great BTW) ,

whenever a face hugger gets you the game crashes, and a screen reading cannot open prog.dat come up
is there anyway to sort this?
thanks
That usually happens when the memory runs out. It looks like alien quake is a little too big :(.

That usually happens when the memory runs out. It looks like alien quake is a little too big :(.

for this "memory"'s problem... squidge could help you no ?

Ive actually got past the bit i had the problem on and the same thing has happend later on and not crashed quake.
It wasnt really a problem because you would die anyway so it doesnt effect how far you can get.

well, has anyone used it for moving around?
I heard chatboards register a stroke on the release which means youd have to keep pressin the key
that true??

~Octavious

O YA ( edit )
how many more fps do youl think well get on the next release?
not trying to sound rude, just curious
any way, good job dude

Octavious posted on Sep 16 2004 at 01:44 AM said:
well, has anyone used it for moving around?
I heard chatboards register a stroke on the release which means youd have to keep pressin the key
that true??
Yep, thats true. It's no use for movement or firing, but it could be useful for things that don't require a constant keypress (switching weapons for example). It's also useful to bind a key to the screenshot function (thats how I got the images I've added to my first post). And you can of course use it in the console.

Octavious posted on Sep 16 2004 at 01:44 AM said:
O YA ( edit )
how many more fps do youl think well get on the next release?
not trying to sound rude, just curious
any way, good job dude
I've not got the faintest idea :). There are various options to try, but it's impossible to guess how effective they may be.

Back