Gpquake 0.4

Horscht posted on Sep 11 2004 at 02:57 PM said:
whoohoo, gotta try this out right away! There aren´t any speed improvements, are there?

As woogal stated before : Not yet

falken80 posted on Sep 11 2004 at 03:35 PM said:
great work ! ^^

what news about sounds and music ?

As woogal stated before : Not yet

Last edited by a moderator:
first i would like to Say how great this is and lots of repect goes to all invoveld.
i have hit a problem though, im running QRally the mod and it works i can see the car and can steer it etc, but the problem is its still using quake 1 levels, rather the rally levels, is this because some files are in the wrong place? thanks in advance.

feddon posted on Sep 11 2004 at 05:10 PM said:
first i would like to Say how great this is and lots of repect goes to all invoveld.
i have hit a problem though, im running QRally the mod and it works i can see the car and can steer it etc, but the problem is its still using quake 1 levels, rather the rally levels, is this because some files are in the wrong place? thanks in advance.
Where did you get QRally from? I've just tried using the qr12.zip found here and it works ok. Sometimes when the correct mod levels aren't being loaded you need to look in the mod readme, and if it says to load the mod like this 'quake.exe -game modname +map mapname' then you might need to create an autoexec.cfg file containing 'map mapname' (no + needed) and place the file in the mod folder (this is needed for the kickflip mod, but I've not found any others yet that need this method).

edit - when I said it works ok, I mean that it works ok for a little while :). QRally seems quite large and it will soon run out of memory :(

i tryed that version you pointed out and it works.
Thanks a lot woogal this is great!! :D

well, first of all, this is awesome!
second of all, hows the chatboard support? I need to know!
third, we need new forums already
one for gplinux ( but dont discuss this here )
and now quake
once it gets good enough then well have mod questions and then a whole lot more
o ya, is it brighter yet? from last version, brightness was required

~Octavious

Nice work just tested out my old deathmatch map :D

are you guys going to add .zip support ? ((i.e. pak0.zip))
I was thinking with GP32s limited storage capacity and quakes large pak files zips would help out ;)

I did have a link to a page of quake engine mods and one of them was a verry quick guide / modification that made quake use zips insted of paks I will have and look and post a link if I can find it

Octavious posted on Sep 11 2004 at 05:26 PM said:
we need new forums already
~Octavious

Yeah, why not combine them with the Doom ones and rename it to like "Id game ports" and it could also be shared with Wolf3d.

It could be a great place to discuss maps, mods and all that stuff.

or first person shooters

any word on if the brightness is better or chatboard use?

~Octavious

transerfing quake files
damn I wish I had a 64 or 128 meg card

~Octavious

Back