Gpquake 0.4

Wow, this is incredible!!!
I never thought Quake would run this good on the gp32_console !!!!!

I really love it! :D

I hope there will be some speed improvements in the future. :unsure:

So keep your nice work on, it really is awsome! B)

Quake does not have music, only sound, the music you might remember came on the CD and was by nine inch nails, it was just a music CD.

Yeah - make the doom forum wolf, doom and quake - good idea! :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Try this one its a 3d platformer that works with quake
thumb_12103img.jpg

thumb_12101img.jpg

How about a list of mods that run fast? I remember there being quite a few made for the low end PC's which were really good, less fancy columns and textures and more speed! Since GPquake returns 22fps in quiet areas of the official levels it could be good :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

The fastest mod I've found so far is Alien Quake (only played for a couple of levels though), but unfortunatly Fox declared it illegal many years ago so I can't give you a link to it. All I can do is tell you that it's probably still on the net somewhere (I only found out about it myself a couple of weeks ago), and don't forget - google is your friend.

wolly_wotsit posted on Sep 12 2004 at 03:12 PM said:
Try this one its a 3d platformer that works with quake
thumb_12103img.jpg

thumb_12101img.jpg

thanks for that one. i was looking for a jumpnrun quake mod for years.
i once found one but lost the link (not this one).

and kudos to woogal for his great bugfix work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after not playing my gp in my months i decided to try quake. And man was it more playable that I imagined. Thank you woogal for giving me a reason to play my gp32 again. Quake on the Gp is fantastic. Now if only saving would work :) and a speed increase would round off the package :p I only play on highest detail :p

I've just discovered this, to really increase frame rate just drop the size of the screen two or three settings. I found this to keep my fps above 12 conistantly at 166mhz. You can drop the screen size lower, but I think it stops being playble after that point.

Nice work woogal.

Bingo Jesus posted on Sep 13 2004 at 06:37 AM said:
I've just discovered this, to really increase frame rate just drop the size of the screen two or three settings. I found this to keep my fps above 12 conistantly at 166mhz. You can drop the screen size lower, but I think it stops being playble after that point.

Nice work woogal.

Yeah I think everyone knows :p Had to do it on the old pentium back in the day to get full speed

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't bother to try this until now - this is rather impressive.
Little put of by seing you are able to overclock up to 256 mhz, since mine only can go up to 166 :)

where do you download the alien mod off that site? its all foriegn, anyone got a direct link?

Back