Second hand pandora broke.

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
Okay... as much as I'm going to refrain from crying.. (gonna fail to be be brutally honest) I purchased a second hand pandora months ago.. Actually I used this thing more then the prior owner ever did. I finished a story on it and etc, typed well over 400,000 words on it. Etc, Etc.. it was well used.. Paint's worn, case was actually cracking! looks like when it was assembled the bezel was warped which ended up cracking the top lid, and basically leading to a chunk flying out of it when it was dropped today.. The drop that killed it. It will not boot (to my knowledge the screen doesn't light up) But it does have a green led when I fiddle with the battery and a red LED when I plug it to the mains.. Now the question.. is this RMA'able or am I  screwed?

I Hope its something asburdly stupid like the LCD cable coming loose and which would just mean ME opening it up.. My girlfriend found my sd card in the hallway.. If i'm screwed i'll open it up and see what I can do.. because well 490 dollars went down the drain anyways.

What are the signs of being able to boot up? since there is no audio jingle or anything.. and i turned off the power led's and such to conserve battery life! My pandora was my typewriter, any help or insight to get it back up on its feet would be greatly appreciated.

(if this post is in the wrong place, please by all means move to where it belongs)

Most probably a coil that fell off, can easily be fixed fere.

Switch it on, wait 30 seconds, insert an SD Card. Does it react?

If yes, then it's the coil.

Okay I listened to what you said and did a test to see if the innards are working.. I popped out the battery put it in, put my sd card in slot one and held down the right trigger (makes it boot into the sd card if I remember correctly? *had to flash the unit once was having a wi-fi glitch) Well the right led was green and the left one was blinking green.. I believe that means the bootloader itself is working and the green one shows power It seems to be working fine with the mains adapter *red led is working fine* I used my headphones to see if there was audio sound or static or any sign of life there.. I got a bit of feed back from that way by messing with the power switch.. I think the guts are perfectly intact and its something with the screen thats busted?

Now for a question if I send in my unit to have it fixed could I purchase an aluminum case and have it placed in it? * I know the cases are being pre-ordered but even then I wouldn't mind waiting for it.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, as said, it's a coil. One batch of coil wasn't as robust as it should've been, so it breaks when being hit.

The unit is perfectly fine, it just doesn't show anything on the screen.

Actually, as far as I remember, it's only the backlight that breaks. You should be able to see a very very faint picture (try to use some light here).

Yes, as said, it's a coil. One batch of coil wasn't as robust as it should've been, so it breaks when being hit.

The unit is perfectly fine, it just doesn't show anything on the screen.

Actually, as far as I remember, it's only the backlight that breaks. You should be able to see a very very faint picture (try to use some light here).
I held it underneath a lamp as I repeated the actions I did before.. no hint of any image on the screen appeared (i'm used to GBCs DMGs and GBAs)  I couldn't see anything. Something was rattling and fell out of the system when I opened up the battery compartment.. it fell to the floor. it came from the bottom half of the pandora not the top.

it came from the bottom half of the pandora not the top.
That coil is actually on the bottom half of the Pandora.. it's a coil with a silver lid marked 682D

Shown in it's proper place here:

20140816_084052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.. after living three days without a Pandora I realise I can't... I used it so much. Where do I ship it so it gets to ED. I can't find an address with my searching

Back