Second screen add-on project

Wow, good find, that does look close to what I was going for. It looks like they're using an STM32 with only 20KB of RAM, and the blit commands pretty much write directly to the framebuffer-based LCD (which I can't find a datasheet for). I don't really know how it accomplishes synchronization/avoids tearing - if it does at all. Doesn't look like the source for the firmware is available, which is a shame since it lacks some features I'd want. Dumping and reprogramming the firmware should be straightforward, at least.

I guess it's worth ordering one of these and seeing what I can push through it as it is.

I'dd first try to get more info if I were you, I wouldn't be suprised if the refresh rate was only enough for UI but not for gaming...

The product information actually does claim up to 100Hz update though. This should be possible if the microcontroller can accept blit commands at any time. But unless the LCD is double buffered or the refresh is somehow synchronized with the blits you'll end up with tearing. It's possible the driver can try to synchronize based on when the status message is sent.

Anyway, for this price it's worth grabbing one and checking it out.

Nice little screen, I was thinking about picking one up myself for a RPi project I've been meaning to finish.

Nice little screen, I was thinking about picking one up myself for a RPi project I've been meaning to finish.

I was trying to find a reason to order one myself, but so far I failed... :(

it look like it would almost fit between the controls over the keyboard, wouldn't it be a nice place to "clip" this screen for DS emulation rather than over the other screen? I guess one would have to directly solder USB cable to the display to avoid the connector over the cross...

I was trying to find a reason to order one myself, but so far I failed... :(

it look like it would almost fit between the controls over the keyboard, wouldn't it be a nice place to "clip" this screen for DS emulation rather than over the other screen? I guess one would have to directly solder USB cable to the display to avoid the connector over the cross...
Yep.  It should be placed over the nubs and the keyboard.

^ Well Mine may show up Saturday it took a while of it to ship, but obviously you would want to know if Exophase got his.. I have non-Pandora plans for the one I bought.

The updates I got from the seller would suggest I should have had it by now. It's possible an attempt was made to ship and I missed the post office slip, I'll check for it later today.

I've started modeling a case for the screen to 3D print for my own project.. I could make an attempt for an over the keyboard pandora clip on.

Edit: well don't want to intrude on your project.. I'm just working on something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the LCD now, but I haven't tested it yet. Will need to build the kernel module and all that.
Have you tried this yet? I've been thinking about getting one to attach to my Pi, wondered if they were any good?

sorry for the necro, but have you looked at this screen? there's 10$ off in 3hours...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back