Secret Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be so insulting about it, daclassicgamingmaster.

Anyway, it was a bit of an assholish thread, though kinda funny.

But I find it ironic how quickly Chad's principles shifted around 180 degrees once it was him being insulted rather than someone else being insulted by him...

Chad for Guru. He knows more than the rest of us put together.

All because we didn't like his GUI ideas....

Wow, the guy is clearly craving for attention (see: his avatar, sig, twitter, blog, website and youtube videos) yet when he gets it, he starts bitching and wants it taken down!

Way to go champ.

I mean the thread was a joke, every post in it was lighthearted sarcasm, I didn't see many (if any) direct insults in there.

Tobriand said:
I wasn't entirely certain just how insulted he would feel by it, and it has become clear through the last two hours of PMs (albeit interspersed with other things) that he felt immensely so, it seemed necessary.

- Toby
I'm willing to bet "other things" means furious masturbation over how powerful (you think) you are.

NOVA, OUT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Tobriand said:
I wasn't entirely certain just how insulted he would feel by it, and it has become clear through the last two hours of PMs (albeit interspersed with other things) that he felt immensely so, it seemed necessary.

- Toby
I'm willing to bet "other things" means furious masturbation over how powerful (you think) you are.

facepalm2bo9.jpg

Ouroboros.png

Nova said:
Tobriand said:

- Toby

NOVA, OUT!!

Actually other things basically means trying to deal with a rather serious virus infection on my dad's computer. Oh, and getting Nero to register my clicks on the "burn" button. Really must remember to unload InCD sometime...

I resisted posting in the Chad-is-awesome thread, but I gotta admit it was f'in funny! Reading this thread is cracking me up right now.

In any case, I don't have a personal problem with Chad, but I think his attitude sucks. He has no manners, and more often than not insults those who disagree with him. It's usually done in a sarcastic or understated way, which means that half the time people don't even catch it. Lots of people here are not native English speakers, and I can remember a few times when someone was insulted and didn't realize it. That pisses me off about it.
It's kind of a shame, because every so often he makes a good point.
If you DO come back Chad, wash the sand out of your vagina first and try being civil.

grahf said:
I resisted posting in the Chad-is-awesome thread, but I gotta admit it was f'in funny! Reading this thread is cracking me up right now.
In any case, I don't have a personal problem with Chad, but I think his attitude sucks. He has no manners, and more often than not insults those who disagree with him. It's usually done in a sarcastic or understated way, which means that half the time people don't even catch it. Lots of people here are not native English speakers, and I can remember a few times when someone was insulted and didn't realize it. That pisses me off about it.
It's kind of a shame, because every so often he makes a good point.
If you DO come back Chad, wash the sand out of your vagina first and try being civil.

grahf now speaks on my behalf on all matters. :)

Unfathomable Depths said:
I think hes a genius comedian playing a part.

Heres the evidence:
1 - his cafepress Pandora gear shop. Trying to make money from something he has no actual part of. Comedic bronze.
2 - his sig with reviews of his past posts. Comedic silver.
3 - THIS. Comedic gold.

I hope he's not banned. I'll miss him.

Can someone explain the video in number 3? Is it a big coincidence that it's a video of PolloLoco (my screenname) with chicken unable to withstand the flames? Youtube says that video is 5 months old - I'm relatively sure I didn't piss him off at all back then. ;-)

Fishbong said:
I think its a joke about american sports moderators.

He took a Pollo Loco advert and dubbed it over. Maybe if i knew more about the subject i would find it funny.

thats actually kinda creepy, i just saw one of those for the first time today. 0_o

If I may, I have had one, maybe two threads closed or moved, and that was due to me genuinely being a noob. I think it is perfectly fair how the moderation goes on on this forum, commented or not. The mods aren't jailguards, they're peace keepers. I would eventually like to have the chance at rising to mod status (provided I end up using the forums for a long period of time), but I'm not going to lash out against the mods about how they're being unfair if I happen to disagree with something. I'll make a suggestion. Hey, if it doesn't work, I can always remind myself that "these guys have been around here a lot longer than me." and accept it. They are going around making sure conversation stays as conversation in the most unbiased and fair way they see it. The result? These forums are a much more pleasant place to visit than the normal gaming ones I go to.

Contribute your ideas, don't force-feed your ideals.

AireTamStorm said:
I think it is perfectly fair how the moderation goes on on this forum, commented or not. The mods aren't jailguards, they're peace keepers.
They are going around making sure conversation stays as conversation in the most unbiased and fair way they see it. The result? These forums are a much more pleasant place to visit than the normal gaming ones I go to.

Contribute your ideas, don't force-feed your ideals.
Well said - I agree.

I link this to Prophet's post
Prophet said:
Mainstream console forums are almost always depressing places to be. That's one of the really nice aspects of niche devices like the GP's, Zodiac, Pandora etc. - you've got a generally older, more tech savvy crowd of enthusiasts on the relevant forums.

I can't stand most game forums these days. Seems like most people really go to fight, and about really stupid things.
The combination of good moderation and the 'older, more tech savvy crowd' make this a more pleasant forum. Well, most of the time anyway. :D

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble with Chad. Obviously he doesn't have bad intentions. But it's like what Epicenter pulled. He's lonely, and he has his reasons. But all of the trolling in the world isn't going to fix that, it's only going to make things worse.

I can't deal with Chad because, selfish bastard that I am, I don't like being confronted with his pain. And yes, I get that from his posts. He sounds like a man who talks to much because he's afraid of the silence.

I'm sorry Chad. I wish you the best, even though I don't really know you. But you need to cut back on all the talking, and do some thinking, especially about what you need for yourself emotionally.

Mods, don't let people guilt trip you into not doing your job. A couple of posts packed with artificial drama out of a set of hundreds aren't going to be missed. Not even by Chad, once he gets his damn head on straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back