Sega Master System

I've never seen so many mispellings of the word 'sonic' before.

Anyhoo, alex the kidd in tech world is the scariest game I've ever played. Putting on the armour too early and getting trapped for eternity had a deeper horrific psycological effect on me than anything silent hill could muster.

im sure with my master system once you turned it on you a screen with some text, and ENJOY!! in big letters at the bottom of the text and i just used to push right on the pad and the snail maze game appeared, anyway i had hang-on card come with my sms, but i also had ghost house and my hero, as for alex kidd hi tech world, i remember getting that expecting another top platform game, makes me laugh thinking about it now though, doing tests for your teacher and working out what order all those girls should stand in, i might try playing that this weekend.

Sonc master system games are the same as the game gear ones. Totally different to the mega drive ones. I don't rate them.

They are not quite the same as they are zoomed in on the Game Gear, so you cannot see as much of the playing area as you can on the Master System. Other that that, they are the same but it does make a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a master system today in fantastic shape and still in the original box and saw something that i didn't notice. The master system played cartridge games and "card" games, looks like a slot for cards that look like a tg-16 HUcard. Has anybody played any of these card games? I've only seen cartridge games, and if so, how do they differ from the cartridges?

Thanks

I had two of them: Transbot and Ghost House. There wasn't a whole lot of difference to them, outside of the form factor. Of course, this was almost 20 years ago, so I don't really remember

Last edited by a moderator:
i still play my sms II when ever im home i love it, it was my first games machine i carnt believe it still works after 13 years of constant play as well :D you carnt beat classics like sonic the hedgehog, alix the kid, mortal kombat 1, sonic chaos, shanobi and the flash, sorry got to stop ranting.

anyways good job on buying the sms :D

sega4eva

Back