Sega Saturn more powerful than the psx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's an urban myth I guess that the Psx was the more powerful machine. I sure did enjoy my psx back in the day though.

Gee you are on a roll, one garbage topic after another - what's next ? Atari coming back with the Jaguar 2, 256 bits machine ? 

There's tons of documentation on the net showing that the Saturn was the worse designed console vs the PSX, you did not need Exophase to jump in to find this kind of things out.
Even Sega added the second processor at a very late stage because they found out the PSX specifications and panicked because they knew they were clearly inferior. Most of the games for Saturn only used a single processor because it was very messy to use both and even the SEGA engineers had tons of trouble with it, that's why the first Virtua Fighter ran like crap. 

Seriously, document yourself because spreading false information around. 
Gee you are on a roll. One display of ignorance and bad manners after another. You strike me as a complete and utter know it all. And nobody knows everything.
I simply referred to what was stated in the history of Sega book. If exophase wants to talk about something he is entitled to. If he chooses not to post that is also his right.

How many hardware devices have you designed from the ground up anyways? None I'd wager. Don't pretend to know everything about everything all of the time, it's just plain silly.

Hard to believe this requires an explanation, but the whole point of a forum is to discuss subjects openly. Who cares if it's documented or discussed elsewhere. Your choice to read the thread or engage. I guess we could just refactor the Internet into a redundancy-free collection of wikis. Possible.

I for one enjoy the low-level discourse; carry on sirs (and ladies if any).

Gee you are on a roll. One display of ignorance and bad manners after another. You strike me as a complete and utter know it all.

Lol, who's the know-it all here ? Remember what you wrote in your first post ? Let me refresh your short memory:

Well it's an urban myth I guess that the Psx was the more powerful machine.
It's not even a question (based on the fact that you know shit about the topic at hand, and that you read something in a book made by Sega Fanboys, which should give some caution before considering it as a fact), it's a statement. So technically you are the know-it all around, starting topics based on whatever comes out from your mouth no matter if it relates with reality or not.

How many hardware devices have you designed from the ground up anyways? None I'd wager. Don't pretend to know everything about everything all of the time, it's just plain silly.
Even better, now you are the one who says that one can only have an educated opinion if they have designed hardware in the first place. No shit, then what makes you able to write a statement in the first post then ? And you sure the Sega Fanboys you quote have some Engineering degrees in the topics at hand so that you can take up their point to the same level of authority ?

And for your reference, I am not an know-it-all jackass, when I know shit about something I say it and I admit it, or i raise questions instead. But I happen to know a lot about the subject at hand and the console of the era we discuss.

Seriously, your points are just like your topics : laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the love and care I can give to other human beings, I do not agree with you. At least not completely.
Wrath of Khan said "urban myth" and "I guess". Plus the topic's name is a question. While he should have turned it into "Was the SEGA Saturn more powerful than the PSX ?", he clearly asks something unverified.

But on the other hand, using the "did you design hardware" argument was a poor point. You can design hardware and do not know shit about old consoles.
I don't design hardware myself, but everything I said here comes from what I learned from the ASSEMbler forums, dedicated old hardware documentaries, wikis, fan sites and all. Gather as much information as you can, and you may be able to distinguish facts from myths.
And never think you know everything there is to know, as new discoveries can change all your beliefs. For example, neurologists are slowly discovering that the body can be brain dead and come back to life unharmed. The early proofs of a soul, yes ma'am.

All in all, let's not turn an interesting topic into a flame war. While past is past and it won't reinvent the wheel, it's never useless to discuss old topics. Even if it's in the expectative like the Dreamcast 2. There is no pointless topic.

Back to topic : as said before, the Saturn was more powerful than the PSX. As in "more compute power". But poor software integration and a complicated design ruined all of its potential.

Gee you are on a roll. One display of ignorance and bad manners after another. You strike me as a complete and utter know it all.  

Lol, who's the know-it all here ? Remember what you wrote in your first post ? Let me refresh your short memory:

Well it's an urban myth I guess that the Psx was the more powerful machine.
It's not even a question (based on the fact that you know shit about the topic at hand, and that you read something in a book made by Sega Fanboys, which should give some caution before considering it as a fact), it's a statement. So technically you are the know-it all around, starting topics based on whatever comes out from your mouth no matter if it relates with reality or not.

Even better, now you are the one who says that one can only have an educated opinion if they have designed hardware in the first place. No shit, then what makes you able to write a statement in the first post then ? And you sure the Sega Fanboys you quote have some Engineering degrees in the topics at hand so that you can take up their point to the same level of authority ?

And for your reference, I am not an know-it-all jackass, when I know shit about something I say it and I admit it, or i raise questions instead. But I happen to know a lot about the subject at hand and the console of the era we discuss.

Seriously, your points are just like your topics : laughable.

Nope your a know it all. And it's far from the first time you have offended folks around here. Regularly calling people out on stuff as if you are some font of immense wisdom. Quickly skimming the wiki page on a topic before you post is not proof of greater intelligence. It just shows you know how google works.
Bullshit, plain and simple. Get a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
For example, neurologists are slowly discovering that the body can be brain dead and come back to life unharmed. The early proofs of a soul, yes ma'am.

That seems like quite a leap.  I don't think that would change beliefs, just reinforce existing ones.  All it tells me is that life isn't super fragile, but we already knew that based on how well things survive in extreme conditions, and how diverse life is.  Looks more like the results of evolution, not a soul (unless they trapped the soul so it couldn't escape the body :p ).

These things are called Near Death Experiences. I could look up the neurologist's names if you want to. All I can say is that many of their patients who woke up from brain-dead bodies had things like 360° vision, and saw and heard people, furniture and conversations from other rooms while they were supposed dead.
And one of these neurologists actually lived that.
Science and religion aren't that far from each other. We're only starting to understand that. As Einstein once said :

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Nope your a know it all. And it's far from the first time you have offended folks around here. Regularly calling people out on stuff as if you are some font of immense wisdom. Quickly skimming the wiki page on a topic before you post is not proof of greater intelligence. It just shows you know how google works.
Bullshit, plain and simple. Get a life.

As usual you answer none of the points I made, which shows that you are incapable of any discussion, and you prefer calling people names instead of realizing your original post was utter trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back