Sega Saturn?

PeeZapp

Ok so I have seen a few videos of the work on the dreamcast emulator which if it is made playable would be unbeleivable but was wondering if there was any work being done on a sega saturn emulator?

Ok so I have seen a few videos of the work on the dreamcast emulator which if it is made playable would be unbeleivable but was wondering if there was any work being done on a sega saturn emulator?

Been asked many times. Sega Saturn was very complex. Complex to write games for and complex to emulate. Have you tried running a Saturn emulator on a full fledged PC? It needs to be a powerful one for the Saturn emulator to run fast.

Been asked many times. Sega Saturn was very complex. Complex to write games for and complex to emulate. Have you tried running a Saturn emulator on a full fledged PC? It needs to be a powerful one for the Saturn emulator to run fast.

Ok sorry didn't really check all the threads for something about this. Fair enough though nah haven't tried i just assumed that if a Dreamcast emulator was possible a saturn emulator had to be.

Exophase is probably going to show up and tell me how wrong I am (because I frequently am, make no mistake) but as I understand it, despite the Dreamcast being more technically powerful, the Saturn had a lot more extra chips and stuff beyond just the regular CPU/GPU that needs to be emulated. All that extra chips make it more difficult to emulate than most other consoles.

Exophase is probably going to show up and tell me how wrong I am (because I frequently am, make no mistake) but as I understand it, despite the Dreamcast being more technically powerful, the Saturn had a lot more extra chips and stuff beyond just the regular CPU/GPU that needs to be emulated. All that extra chips make it more difficult to emulate than most other consoles.

Thanks for the explanation

Back