Sega Saturn

azeluk

Still Fresh
Hey peeps,

Im one of those unlucky people who are still waiting for there pandora :-( but before i get it i thought i would make an enquiry.

So first enquiry is there a Sega Saturn emulator for the pandora and if there isnt is there one in develpment.

Many thanks.

Azel.

This has been discussed many times. Saturn has many chips and that makes it hard to emulate. A Saturn emulator is highly unlikely.

EDIT:

And your in the wrong section. Unless you are planning on making a Saturn emu your should have posted it in the General section.

There is a Saturn emulator for Linux.

http://yabause.sourceforge.net

It could be compiled for the Pandora, but would probably be too slow to be useful.

It's more likely that there will be a playable dreamcast emulator than a playable saturn emulator. Although it isn't impossible, it is unlikely.

Yeah, the Saturn was one of my all time favs! I think we may see a working emu at some point, but one that will only work with some of the more basic 2-d games. Something like virtua fighter 2, I would imagine would never work at any functional levels. I can run Saturn emulation on my PC, but it is a monster, and actually makes it look rather easy, but I know that is not the case.

From what I have read, most of the Saturn emu's work on mostly shear horse power of the machine, if the processor isn't super quick, it just doesn't seem to function properly! But I will say the games I have tested on my machine all seem to work next to perfectly, so I guess that is where I will have to have my Saturn fix for awhile.

Chris

jumpman said:
I can run Saturn emulation on my PC, but it is a monster, and actually makes it look rather easy, but I know that is not the case.

What are the specs on your computer?

Last edited by a moderator:
X x Ben x X said:
jumpman said:
I can run Saturn emulation on my PC, but it is a monster, and actually makes it look rather easy, but I know that is not the case.

Well I built this right around the time I preordered my Pandora(sept/oct 2008), so it is a little old, but still runs lighting fast for what I use it for. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor, and a HIS Radeon HD 4870x2 graphics card! It runs every game I have tried at full specs, except for Crysis of course. I run SSF at full speed, and the only hiccups are standard emu glitches. I have a white Saturn usb pad, and it makes everything just like old times.

Chris

jumpman said:
X x Ben x X said:
jumpman said:

Well I built this right around the time I preordered my Pandora(sept/oct 2008), so it is a little old, but still runs lighting fast for what I use it for. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor, and a HIS Radeon HD 4870x2 graphics card! It runs every game I have tried at full specs, except for Crysis of course. I run SSF at full speed, and the only hiccups are standard emu glitches. I have a white Saturn usb pad, and it makes everything just like old times.

Chris

I have a Pentium Dual Core E6300 (yes im poor) that runs lightning fast for what I use it for.

Mithrildor said:
jumpman said:
X x Ben x X said:
jumpman said:

Chris

I have a Pentium Dual Core E6300 (yes im poor) that runs lightning fast for what I use it for.
I have a AMD Phenom 2.66GHz Quad-Core and a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS I actually need to turn down the settings for some new games

Ive got a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,4ghz oced to 3ghz.
4gig PC-6400 RAM and now a XFX Ati Radeon HD 5770 1gig (used to be an XFX nVidia 9800gtx+Q)
Since my mobo supports crossfire I'll be getting another 5770 soon.

Pretty fun to see all those powerful beast.
To play, I have my consoles, so my computers are a 13" macbook unibody (core 2 duo with a nvidia 9400M) and a pretty old watercooled (passive, I love silent computers) tower with an athlon 64 3800+, an ati 1300 and 1Go ram... :lol:

There's been talk on IRC about some people that may attempt a yabuse port. I'm being specifically vague because I'm not sure if they want to announce it or not, in case they don't end up working on it.

This thread is now about posting your computer specs

derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg

As for me:

Intel Core i7 2.66Ghz (running at 2.8Ghz)
EVGA Nvidia GeForce 285GTX 1GB
12GB 1366 DDR3 RAM
SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
2TB HDD space

Attachments

• derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg
    derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 274
SU3500 @1.4GHz CPU
GMA 4500MHD graphics
4GB 800MHz RAM
250GB HD
Shitloads of battery life and sub 1.4kg weight you suckers!

I just built mine in December, hence why i'm proudly adding to the de-railment of this thread :p

Intel I7 920 @ 2.7 ghz
6gb Tri-channel RAM
3x 1tb 32mb cache HD's (each with a different OS)
Nvidia GTX 295
Xfi Fatal1ty Sound Card and M-audio Profire 2626

Intel core 2(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @2.40GHz
4GB Ram
NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
9TB internal sata storage
5TB external sata drives
You can never have enought storage
Need a new pc this one is getting slow

joining the derailed train!

Intel Core 2 Q9400
Gigabyte MB
8GB 1366MHz OCZ RAM
1.5 TB Seagate HD (slow bottleneck at this point)
EVGA Gefore GTX 260 SC Core 216 896MB

Woot woot, derailed trains are the most fun

Intel Core 2 E8200 stock 2.66 @3.6ghz
Gigabyte MicroATX board
4GB DDR 1000
Two 80GB SATA in RAID for OS, 250, 320, and 640gb for storage
Radeon 4850 from 625/933 to 690/1050

Not the newest hardware but can still run new games perfectly fine. Plus good for Wii games with Dolphin. (It's an amazing emulator)

Back