Serial console access for boot debugging and other tricks

hns

During development of the LetuxOS kernel to support the Pandora it was very helpful to have access to the serial console through the expansion connector of the Pandora.
Since the initial version was a little fragile, I have designed a tiny adapter a while ago that does not block the Pandora ports or the display lid.
Now I can offer it in my shop: https://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=Product&product=3030
Yes, it is not extremely cheap but hand-made and the price assumes single unit production runs...
Operation is very simple: plug into the Pandora, connect a µUSB2 cable to some PC and if necessary install an FTDI232 driver.
Use minicom or similar tools to access the FDTI tty port with 115200n8 speed.
Then switch on the Pandora to watch what it is doing.
Depending on the Linux flavour installed on the Pandora you may be able to see a "login:" prompt and get console access.

Nice..i do own another one and have no Idea how to use it as a Linux Noob :)
photo_2020-11-24_22-25-59.jpg

I wanted to use Putty on Windows10 to see the Pandora Serial Output...
..but i never got it to work and then i let it.

Its Handmade from another Forum User and who knows..maybe i need it in the Future ;)

My Goal was to see why Android 4.0 Image from TI for DM3530 do not work on the Pandora.
Then i learned that Android use something named like X-Boot...but we have U-Boot...:oops:

The German User @Raik got one from me because i bought 3 Pieces from them and he helped alot to get the Pandora Zaxxon running on a Beagleboard Rev C3 with Omap3530.
We got it to boot but nothing realy worked :p

I connect nice Remembers with this Adapter.

Attachments

• photo_2020-11-24_22-26-10.jpg
    photo_2020-11-24_22-26-10.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 149
  • photo_2020-11-24_22-26-07.jpg
    photo_2020-11-24_22-26-07.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 148
Yes, I also have one of those. I can't remember right now who made them though. I never got round to attaching my spare Ext connector to it though, since I never really had a use for it, it was more about supporting the maker.

I think my favourite thing about it was that the envelope it came in was supporting some fantastic (in both senses) looking Finnish christmas stamps.

The German User @Raik got one from me because i bought 3 Pieces from them and he helped alot to get the Pandora Zaxxon running on a Beagleboard Rev C3 with Omap3530.
We got it to boot but nothing realy worked

Long time ago. I not really remember ;)
But any times I use a FTDI "cable" i an other direction e.g. to access the IGEPv5 (powered by the early OMAP5 RISC OS port) from the Pandora via terminal for debugging... also long time ago.

Omap5_debug2.jpg

Back