Setting Up Roms please Help

hughsey

Still Fresh
Hello Guys and Gals. Just got my Pandora and never really used this type of system before.

I've loaded 3 emulators so far. MAME4ALL, Mupen64Plus & PCSX ReARMED r8.

Within each Emu folder that is located in my AppData folder I've created another folder named Roms.

Trouble I have is when I launch the emu and then go to select a rom, I never see the roms folder I've just created.

For example, I select load rom in PCSX and the top directory says /media and listed below is /.. then /card then /cf

Any help would be great

Thanks

I can't comment on Mupen64Plus, and it looks like PCSX ReARMed has already been covered above. However, it's worth noting that MAME4All requires its files to be in a particular place - run the PND once, then quit, and go to /pandora/appdata/mame4all/ and you will see a directory called roms - you can probably guess what that's for. :lol: There are also some other directories, including one called samples which is used for the sound samples that some games require in order to output full audio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow Prometheus's guide Mame4all creates its own folder after 1st boot,kinda same method nj's psp emus works your roms go here and here alone you cant browse for roms.

Mame 106 you can put anywhere just browse to your rom folder on bootup.

Mupen64 is the same just browse to any n64 rom and it will load.

Remember you need specific romsets for mame builds you cant use newer roms in them,gp2x 0.37 set will work in mame4all

Mame 106 you will have to build from scratch.

Tere is a guide to build romsets on this forum just dont know how to link it here sure the moderators will be able to help there.

I should really be able to choose a custom folder for my roms. I have a card for roms and media and a card for my apps. I HATE using the appdir folder for roms. A simple configurable text file would be nice.

Well that's the one I was annoyed with. ;-)
Run the MAME4ALL Pnd once, then you can move the ROMS into the folder created in pandora/appdata/mame4all/roms IIRC, once they are there, you never have to worry about it again.

Is your SD card size a factor?

Nah, I just have a card with all my rome on it and mame4all just throws that off. Not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back