Several Gp2X And A Caanoo On Ebay Uk June 2014

I'm pretty sure Pedro Lambrini was a member here (selling the caanoo) and he was smart enough to support international bidders, unlike the other guy selling the GP2Xs.

I was going to try to win the F200 and possibly one of the F100s but since there is a special deal on Pandora's for June only I am scrabbling around trying to get the money together for that instead. This will also be delaying the repair on my Caanoo but I think it will be worth it.

That's probably a good decision. :)

BTW If you are buying a Pandora to develop on, you need to make sure your GLB code is really tight/optimised, as initial impressions may well be disappointing.

It is partly for that but I also want one for the same reasons I use my Caanoo/GP2X - retro games.

I will bear that in mind about the code optimisation, I thought there would be a degree of that required for any of the hand helds due to low RAM and slower CPUs.

I thought there would be a degree of that required for any of the hand helds due to low RAM and slower CPUs.
Also bear in mind that the same game on Wiz/Canoo/GP2X/Pandora will likely run slower on the Pandora due to the enlarged screen.

I never officially released Guru Logic on the Pandora, despite porting it due to speed issues. It was great on other formats, but not Pandora (although I have since created a new and improved version (primarily for OUYA which is slower than frozen treacle), which works much better).

Interesting. I have acquired my mum's old android tablet and it is essentially the same as my 7" but with the bigger screen and it seems slower too. Everything counts when it comes to portable devices, the chat about Pyra certainly seems to take every tiny scrap of power usage and screen changes have already occurred from first plans.

EDIT: I am glad you went into detail because I would probably be scratching my head as to why stuff runs on the GP kit faster!

iprice said:

I thought there would be a degree of that required for any of the hand helds due to low RAM and slower CPUs.

Also bear in mind that the same game on Wiz/Canoo/GP2X/Pandora will likely run slower on the Pandora due to the enlarged screen.

I never officially released Guru Logic on the Pandora, despite porting it due to speed issues. It was great on other formats, but not Pandora (although I have since created a new and improved version (primarily for OUYA which is slower than frozen treacle), which works much better).

You should ask the GLBasic developer to support scaling to fullscreen with hardware acceleration. If GLBasic is backed by SDL, this is very easy thanks to Notaz's excellent work. Trap75 runs at 320x240 on Caanoo and gets at most ~90fps, whereas it runs at 400x240 on Pandora and reaches a theoretical max of ~340fps.

Back