Sf2 Fans

El_Diablo posted on Aug 14 2004 at 08:41 AM said:
dude, he does repeated parries, you cant even parry on SF2, if you've played SF3 you'd realise how freaking hard this is, its not a question of a quick combo...its crazyness!!! :lol:
yeh but ive got Capcom vs SNK2: mark of the millenium on my ps2 which is no real difference to sf3 part from the grooves, i admit he is fuckin good just i wasnt particularly that amazed by it, im not sayin i could beat him, id like to have a go though. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
ok ok, fare enough... B)

just as a quick two cents though, is the PS2 version of SF3 really that similar to CVS2? Ive only played the DC one and its really slow and pretty different gameplay wise to CVS2...

I prefer CVS2 I think, and hell yeah I would love to give this guy a fight, it would be funny to see how quickly he destroys all my attack patterns :lol:

Ernest posted on Aug 14 2004 at 08:13 AM said:
El_Diablo posted on Aug 14 2004 at 08:41 AM said:
dude, he does repeated parries, you cant even parry on SF2, if you've played SF3 you'd realise how freaking hard this is, its not a question of a quick combo...its crazyness!!! :lol:
yeh but ive got Capcom vs SNK2: mark of the millenium on my ps2 which is no real difference to sf3 part from the grooves, i admit he is fuckin good just i wasnt particularly that amazed by it, im not sayin i could beat him, id like to have a go though. :p
Come on! Add everything up: It's a tournament, some of the best players in the world for the game are there, there are tons of fans watching, it's the semi-final match, Ken is low on health, chun-li hits him and all Ken has left is chip damage (!), one hit from chun-li and the whole match is over and it's off to the final match to determine the ultimate fighter, chun-li uses a special move to go out with a bang and completly destroy that little bit of health left that you can't even see, Ken (knowing that if he blocks damage will go through and kill him) is forced to do something that normal people think is possible (perfect parrying), he parrys ALL of her special hits, then he jumps up in the air to do his special knowing it's his only way to beat chun-li but before he can pull it off he has to parry in the air, which he does, then he pulls off the special and wins the match. It deserves all the cheering it got and it is amazing.

Ok,ok sheesh im not dissin the guy he is fuckin amazing at the game, i was just sayin wasn't particularly amazed coz ive had matches like that before, but to come back like that is pretty amazing as you point out he only has chip damage left and to come back like that and win is good, it just didnt get me out of my seat cheering. I also only said i'd like to play against him because it would be cool, I'd wanna see if i had a chance at all which isn't likely.

Also what was the final or semi-final of the tournament?

Ernest posted on Aug 15 2004 at 02:15 PM said:
Ok,ok sheesh im not dissin the guy he is fuckin amazing at the game, i was just sayin wasn't particularly amazed coz ive had matches like that before, but to come back like that is pretty amazing as you point out he only has chip damage left and to come back like that and win is good, it just didnt get me out of my seat cheering. I also only said i'd like to play against him because it would be cool, I'd wanna see if i had a chance at all which isn't likely.

Also what was the final or semi-final of the tournament?
Well, you don't have to be exactly jumping out of your seat and cherring out loud, but just in your head thinking "That was pretty damn cool." (That's what I did, no exclamation mark) to find it amazing.

Back