Shady Ds

WrongEyedJesus

Anybody with along enough memory might remember me.

After what seems like an age I am back online at home.

I have just bought a DS for my stepson.

Being the semi-ludite I am, can anyone give me pointers to the best way to "make the most of what is available".

Good to be back guys, I am looking forward to getting up to speed. WEJ

palmertech said:
Ugh, that is not an R4, it is a crappy card re-branded as one.

Get this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401

I use a TTDS as my main card, and it has a LOT of great features. The Acekard 2 is alo a nice choice.

+1, i have an acekard 2 and love it.
the R4 is a really old card either way.
they just dropped the price of the TTDSes to 12, which is a steal, especially considering the combo price.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like all the cheep Chinese consoles and things they sell at Dealextreme, I all ways take any branded goods they have there to be fake, I mean they are selling slot 1 supercards for £7 they have to be fake, I'd do a search for an official supplier of what ever card you are after not buy one from Dealextreme if I was you.

£7 supercards? didn't see that deal.
The acekard 2s are confirmed genuine, i think there were some minor issues with the TTDS's, but they work as well as the official cards, so its really just a matter of pirate pirate cards or just pirate cards.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a think about the options. WEJ

*edit* Bought him an R4 III which seems to be working perfectly, so far. Thinking about sticking MAME on it, seem to be getting conflicting reports. Discuss?

Back