Short & Not So Sweet Review Of 2x On T3

Last edited by a moderator:
While not very positive, it seems pretty accurate, although I don't share their views. They're main problem with the GP2X is that it isn't a DS or PSP and they're not into emulators.

The PSP is also crap, it doesn't play my GameCube games neither does it have a as a big screen as my TV.

i got as far as the line "The retro handheld taking on DS and PSP." and stopped reading

gp32rich posted on Sep 23 2006 at 05:09 AM said:
Feels like they were sent one. Didn't have time to do a full review and wrote down their first impressions..

http://www.t3.co.uk/reviews/games/other/ga...andheld_console

Doesn't even sound like they were sent one. I think they googled some results and a pic and wrote a small blurb about it. Definetely not in depth. They could have just summarized it down to one sentence. "GP2X, a handheld that does stuff, but is not a PSP or DS. We out." That's all they really needed.

Reap

Funny story. In the holidays we were in the air port waiting for the plane in the terminal and this person on the other side of the bench had a T3 magazine and opened up on a review of the GP2X with a big picture of it. Insitinctively, I went up to him and shouted "OHSNAP!". It took a while for him to get what I meant.

"A handful of bespoke GP2X titles, such as the GTA-inspired Paycheck,"

loln, man, if you don't know what you're talking about and not even verifying what you're writing, shut the fuck up. and anyways keeping comparing the DS/PSP to the GP2X is like comparing a private jet plane to a F-16, both flies and are about the same size but the comparison stops there.

This review = troll.

Man, what can you expect from a mag that relies on bikini-clad women on every cover? It's obvious they are into BIG-BUCKS marketing with their sex-sells approach, and anything not in the top 10% of retail is something they are never gonna get.

It's like Louis Armstrong's definition of jazz - "If you gotta ask, you'll never know". They gotta ask.

"Gamepark GP2X-F100 handheld console
The retro handheld taking on DS and PSP"

Did actually ANYBODY ever claim that the GP2x is supposed to compete with the DS and the PSP?

A review about the GP2x where the word "emulator" isnt even mentioned a single time cant be good. Maybe they didnt even know that word as they just mention some "other bits of code".

"If you’re a hardcore retro-monkey who clocks R-Type with one hand while sticking two fingers up at copyright law with the other, it’s perfect for you."
How charming...

A very biased review. So AA batteries are not cool enough for a high tech gadget? Oh boy... A real masterpiece of modern journalism...

Regards,
Stephan

Back