Short Simple Wifi Question

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
I have a psp console, but it has the problem it cannot connect to a access point made on my iphone 3g - to connect to 3g.
But my pc connects to my iphone good and fast, and sees the iphone as an access point.
How is that? and will the pandora be able to connect to my iphone?

I would really like that ^^

Bosbeetle said:
It should and once it is there their will be somebody who explains it to you and solve any problems.
i dont think a developer or coder will solve a problem that only occurs with me.
Its something about the wifi chip of the psp. It can connect to normal access points, but not one on my iphone 3g.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its doing 801.x to spec then there's no reason it wouldn't work, there is either something wrong with your iphone or psp (most likely to be a software issue than hardware).

Enverex said:
If its doing 801.x to spec then there's no reason it wouldn't work, there is either something wrong with your iphone or psp (most likely to be a software issue than hardware).
maby the access point of the iphone uses a other type of connection. and the psp cant connect to it....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar problem with my home-made, linux based access point at home and my WII. It's basically just a debian based PC with a wireless card in. Initially I used the first card I found (an rtl something or other) and this worked fine for laptops and other PCs. When i bought my WII though I found I could not connect to it - it was visible but not able to access. In the end I discovered I had to put the card into Master Mode, this wasn't possible with the Wireless card I had so I bought another (Atheros based) one. Now all works perfectly!

Fingers crossed my Pandora will connect easily enough!

AFAIK the PSP only connects to 802.11b, which isn't much of a problem as most routers broadcast b/g simultaneously. It sounds to me like your iPhone is only broadcasting g which is why it doesn't work. The iPhone should have b though, maybe there's an option to broadcast the other/both?

Back