Should I Use New 32 Gb Card With My Wiz Or My Caanoo

loggy

Still Fresh
Over the weekend I was able to buy a Wiz and a 32gb card at a great price. For about a year I have been using the Caanoo and found it to be quite versital and fun. Thinking about both systems and how many games each support, which system would better utilizy the larger memory.

loggy said:
Over the weekend I was able to buy a Wiz and a 32gb card at a great price. For about a year I have been using the Caanoo and found it to be quite versital and fun. Thinking about both systems and how many games each support, which system would better utilizy the larger memory.

I would say only you can answer that question :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw a few games and emulators on there and take a test drive with your Wiz. You may decide that you like the D-pad more than Caanoo's analog stick. Gngeo might be a good emu to try out since it has all those fighting games. Also, take a look at the Wiz's homebrew library, there's still a few things over there that never made it to the Caanoo. Granted, you could always use ginge on the Caanoo but it isn't 100% with every game and emulator so you'd have to test that as well.

Wiz has more stuff in total, BUT you might find certain emulators might run certain games faster on the Caanoo or that you prefer using your Caanoo for whatever reason, so it is totally based on your perception. I find that the Caanoo chokes on playing most videos I throw at it, dunno if it's just my luck so far or what, but I found my Wiz to be preferable for movies, although I usually have to reencode to get good performance to quality ratios... (Pandora is my movie player of choice, although the missing tv-out cable still kinda sucks :S)

You can fit all the Caanoo homebrew on a 4GB SD and still have left over space (in my case, Ginge with Payback, some of the Caanoo commercial games and a few small emu's, etc.)

The Wiz on the other hand, I have managed to fill about 12GB of homebrew/phoneme/flash/interpreter games (interpreter games meaning stuff like doom, quake 2, etc.) and a few emulators (8bit systems and older).

Alot of the emulation has overlap, and certain arcade games are better on Caanoo (like marble madness using the g-sensor I guess...)

I haven't gotten around to testing this, but I like the concept of hooking a usb joystick up to the Caanoo and using tv-out for playing with friends... and the wifi support for multiple things seems to be built a little more solidly into the system.

Analog isn't too bad, atleast I prefer it to having the problem of trying to use the wiz almost dpad style buttons to play mario (holding down run and repeatedly hitting jump just seems a little hard on the buttons and my fingers, wrong shape and too close together)

Finally the screen, I LOATHE the Caanoo's half-asses backlighting and extreme brightness (always washed out even on the lowest brightness) where the wiz looks absolutely stunning from any angle and when the screen goes black and I'm in a dark room, the whole room goes pitch black :)

I'd say, either setup the card so you can use it in both wiz/caanoo or pick your favorite and fill 'er up!

loggy said:

Not really sure what you're asking. Both systems support a 32GB SDHC card without problems (I've used one with both). I've never actually tested card read/write speed within the systems, if that's a concern of yours ... but I know that on both systems, I was able to play video, listen to music and play games (mostly on Mame4All) without any glitches etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back