Shoulder Buttons as Hotkeys?

Marsu

Still Fresh
As I want to use my new Pandy as a musicplayer on the go I would like to be able to change tracks with the shoulder-buttons. I tried to enter them as global hotkeys in deadbeef, but they are not recognized.

Can I change that somehow?

I thought about this too, but then I thought about how often the tracks would skip around if I had it in my pocket. I dunno how useful it would be. Good luck trying to figure it out though, I don't get my pandy until friday so I can't help ya :( .

yeah, in my pocket this would be a pain in the posterior.

But as the Pandy won't fit in most of my pants anyway, I am thinking about getting a belt pouch or something similar, preferably something were I still can access the shoulder buttons... but who knows if something like that exists...

If it's any help, a money-belt such as this one will fit the Pandora (one of the same dimensions and fabric will no doubt also work fine, as long as the dimensions match that of the zippered compartment on the one I linked to), and due to the narrow size and the type of fabric used it's possible to feel and press the buttons when it's closed. You just need to make sure you're using a right-angled headphone plug (or plug-adapter), as there's no room for straight plugs to work in this pouch.

Last edited by a moderator:
as for using the shoulder button as hotkey, depending on the player its possible. for Audacious its in plugin under global hotkey (or something like that). now one issue, audacious wont let you map modifier key (alt, shift, ctrl etc) directly as an hotkey since it expect you to press another key in combination.

One way to work around that, would be to use xmodmap and remap the shoulder button to some other key (could even map them to keyboard media key like next/previous track), now as to which code is the shoulders, im not sure anymore, been a while since i messed in here, but well, thats at least something to look into.

thx for the tips!

the moneybelt is worth a look.

and gmu is nice. only what i need without any superfluous features.

(posted from the sofa with my pandy. yes, i had to say it :) )

Back