D-Pad And Buttons Not Working In Dosbox

lucidchaos

Website
Visit site
When I use DOXBox, the d-pad and buttons are not mapped correctly. The left arrow key is recognized as ALT. Other d-pad directions are not recognized as far as I can tell. The A button is mapped as NumLK, Y is recognized but I can not tell as what. Other directional buttons are not recognized.

I changed the dosbox.conf file only to set my cycles and core the way I want them. What am I doing wrong or how can I fix it?

lucidchaos said:
When I use DOXBox, the d-pad and buttons are not mapped correctly. The left arrow key is recognized as ALT. Other d-pad directions are not recognized as far as I can tell. The A button is mapped as NumLK, Y is recognized but I can not tell as what. Other directional buttons are not recognized.

I changed the dosbox.conf file only to set my cycles and core the way I want them. What am I doing wrong or how can I fix it?
IIRC/AFAIK/YMMV, set usescancodes to false (or to true if it was false....) in your dosbox.conf, then try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
urjaman said:
IIRC/AFAIK/YMMV, set usescancodes to false (or to true if it was false....) in your dosbox.conf, then try again.

Fixed! Thank you.

I would like to know how to map the controls to joystick / gravis gamepad controls, but for most things the default mappings with usescancodes=false should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back