Show Youre Ds!!

well I think because of the UMDdrive it's actually a bit thicker than the bottom half of the DS. Someone on another forum commented on the "snapability" of the PSP and was mauled for trolling. :p Also the rumor going around is Sony has their new hard plastic coating on the front of the system to protect against scratches and damage.

People were probably expecting it to be a big as the Atari Lynx so to see it's size compared in real life is a big of a shock.

Alpha2 posted on Dec 12 2004 at 03:49 AM said:
So there's basically no AI or atleast none worth playing against, that's incredibly sad.

ANYWAY. someone on another forum posted these pics of the PSP and DS in side by side comparisons. Take a look!

PSP_DS_07.jpg

Someone got a defective DS! My backlight is miles brighter than that on my DS! Plus it looks darker if you view it from a different angle, so the shots don't really show much. If you put the DS in the center of the photo and the PSP at an angle, the DS would seem much brighter too.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, the screens are probably just as good as each other, but the ds slightly better because it is reflective

Hmm.. someone posted in the wrong thread, maybe someone could send him a PM or something?

Anyway I think the thread these pics came from the guy said he had to darken the DS or it wouldnt be visible due to some setting on his camera. I dont remember exactly what he said.... AH here it goes...

Please note that, the DS's screen is NOT this dark (please see the very first photo), just because if the we take the photo as the original brightness and contrast (of the digital camera, not the consoles), the PSP's screen will be too bright.

OK, first, the whole single player thing, that's in the TRAINING mode.

I just got my DS today from a guy who wanted to show off the DS's wireless communication. We did a pictochat demonstration and a Metroid multiplayer demonstration in class. Yeah, it's cool being able to play a game with/against someone on the other side of the room with no wires. I'm glad I got a DS.

Now, I just wish there some more PDA-like functions for this thing...

ok, now i'm torn

been watching the videos for tiger wood on ign and they look pretty damn nice
the swing mode on the ds is awesome too!

my decision will probably come down to which system has some form of browser built to access public wifi spots.

the swing mode on the ds is awesome

Neither have a browser built in, but DS should be going online pretty soon, early next year according to Nintendo of Europe.

finty101 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:03 PM said:
Look here. Shit attack!
Good for them. That's some good business sense. Looks like I'll be going the way of the DS.

Btw, for those of you who have mario, aren't there language barriers?

You can get the American Version, but in the Jap version it is only sign-posts that are not in English, speech etc. is.

no different than any other import.

On the other hand, I already have a GP32 with a huge ass screen so anything I watch videos on would have to have a bigger screen.

finty101 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:03 PM said:
Look here. Shit attack!
You had to know it was coming. I mean, the GBA has movies on it, so of course the DS will. I just kept willing Ninty to announce it so all the PSP fanboys couldn't tout that as a plus for them.

It's for both GBA and DS IGN had pictures of it. the link was down when this was posted so I could get a link. but I found one at gamespot.
adapter_screen001.jpg

I think they are using it through the GBA slot.

I just had an idea, if they can get full access to DS hardware from the GBA slot, what is there to stop a hardware mod doing the same for a GBA flashcart?

Guess we will have to wait for the rumble-pak to be released.

ive had mine for a few days now didnt get metroid coz its the jap one but my mario ds came today thats great :D my psps came but i wasnt in :(

Back