SQ1.gif

sq5_jpg.jpg

Larry 1
lslvscr.gif

Police Quest
pq1fullscreenshot4.gif

That versions ! Not 16 color versions !

Can anybody port them?? ó_ò

I've never tried Sarien so I wouldn't know but its probably still being worked on and I'm guessing those are just VGA versions of the games because the box of Space Quest V says VGA or EGA so support will probably added to the version with chatboard support.

Afaik, these are SCI games, so if anyone could port FreeSCI to the GP32, it would work. Ofcourse, you could also try to just compile it for gpLinux. Even though it probably won't work because of mem problems...

Edit:

It supports DirectFB, which I think was compiled for gpLinux, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
But AFAIK FreeSCI doesn't support Larry 1 VGA etc. yet.
Only some older games, still a real early beta...

Police Quest, now there is the type of game i'd love to see on my GP32.

Used to spend hours on that year ago, trying to get to the crime in time,saying the right thing, truncheoning someone. Ahhh, fun.

Yes, in theory, you can... In practice, no. You can boot them, up see the little figure, etc. But it has no chatboard support, so typing is SLOW. You're better off finding an Atari ST version, and running it in CaSTaway, which does have chatboard support.

Slow maybe but that doesn't ruin the gameplay for me. If you want to play them the way they should be played you should just play them on your pc. I think it's so much fun to be able to play these (and the Scummvm games) on my GP32 I don't really mind the virtual keyboard.

Back