SIM card (CALL)

It may be possible, but given you've also got to sacrifice areas of the board for connectors, supports for the d-pad and game buttons, display hardware, audio hardware, power hardware you're only left with around a quarter of the board size for the main system logic as I see it.

Shrinking one or both of the existing SD cards to micro SD would free up a lot of space IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to be able to receive text messages on my Pyra. I don't care at all about receiving or making voice calls. I can use Google+ Hangouts for that.

Will I be able to put my SIM card into the Pyra and receive text messages?

Yes, probably. But it needs someone to code up some way of interacting with the AT commands needed to fetch SMS messages off the SIM card, ideally some sort of GUI.

Yes, probably. But it needs someone to code up some way of interacting with the AT commands needed to fetch SMS messages off the SIM card, ideally some sort of GUI.
I don't even mind a CLI tool for this. Do you know of any?

Well the modem should be exposed as a device in /dev as I understand it. There are many tools to talk to those, and one I've used before (although not for this purpose) is GNU screen.

It wouldn't be easy to use though. You wouldn't get notifications of new messages - any software would have to poll the device for that. And you'd need to memorise the AT commands to do what you want.

Back