Release Simple Screen Recorder

Sorry Ingo but OpenGL recording is not possible on Pandora because it need a special injection library that use ElfHacks a software that is written only for Cpu i386.
I could probably build a recorder around libGL, but reading from the framebuffer directly might be as fast as you're going to get anyway.

Maybe you could use the DSP?

Last edited by a moderator:
I could probably build a recorder around libGL
That would be really awesome , i don't know how to write something that is using DSP, and if you want, feel free to adapt this program for everything that you could implement.

Pandora user (and me too) will be more than happy to receive such a great present. B)

I spent some hours to be able to record internal Audio with this program...

I found this thread on Archlinux https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=147852

I enabled   snd-aloop

and modified .asoundrc as described in the thread but when i try to record using looprec its show an error .. when i use hw:1,0 (or hw:1,1) the error is gone but don't have audio recorded.

Anyone have a clue about it ?

I dont know much about that but in Emercency can we use the Line in from the new TV Out Cables with the Earphone connector :p

Just discovered that some game are recordable even if it's using some GL libs ...maybe only the one that use the recent Framebuffer Mode ...

Look at Titanion where i realized a quick video of it.

Just discovered that some game are recordable even if it's using some GL libs ...maybe only the one that use the recent Framebuffer Mode ...

Look at Titanion where i realized a quick video of it.
Yep, Titanion and Dream Chess both use my libGL, which recommends using the framebuffer output mode on the Pandora.

Edit: looks like I extracted two squashfs-rootfs over each other, so I was mistaken about Titanion

Yep, Titanion and Dream Chess both use my libGL, which recommends using the framebuffer output mode on the Pandora.
Titanion doesn't use libGL, just pure OpenGL ES.

It uses the framebuffer mode, but it can be switched to use X mode by editing eglport.cfg (in the titanion appdata) - change "egl_mode=0" to "egl_mode=1". The same goes for my other ports of Kenta Cho's games. 

I can confirm that GLES+Framebuffer Mode is recordable by SSR (SImpleScreenRecorder) as is without selecting OpenGL in the options. I just recorded my port of Fadetoblack.

Added some advices (onto the first post) to remember when we want to record something.

maybe you have missed the start recording button (due to the GUI is not Pandora resolution friendly..sorry)

look at this picture is the big button where is the mouse cursor....

screen3.png

or you can use hotkey (ctrl + r ...as default, but is changeable)

When you have done with recording you should directly press Save recording button and wait for the next page of GUI (or press Pause recording and than press Save recording).

@Farox: I want to test that "recording from webcam" with my UVC cam (usb2 logitech with included audio), but I can not select it from a list (only the normal screen). Can you point me in the right direction?

Could not get it to work with UDP protocol, will try another day with RTMP.

But I got VLC to stream UDP from the Pandora to my main computer... nice! (seems to transmit only audio at 94% idle... with video it just has an intermitent stream 1Ghz edition)

Video worked when transcoding to DIV3 + MP3 (ASF)

The howto can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wj-MktpYD0

I used all default values, chose /media/my FAT32 partition on SD card in left slot/rec.mkv, and started recording, with the hotkey set to CTRL+SHIFT+R, and stopped after ~15 seconds.

UI feedback: The counter HH:MM:SS increases normally, also current FPS are updated, but the filesize remains at 0.

I assume SSR is not recording in contrast to your demo video. Otherwise it would have to use a temporary storage location (where? videos are large!), and write to disk only later on.

Then upon pressing save, the program stays unresponsive forever (max CPU load). I have to force quit it.

What could have gone wrong?

Or are there any undocumented requirements (partition setup, minimum free disk space, OS version, shared libraries)?

Help appreciated!

Maybe you have selected an incompatible container/codec

Try with Container=MP4  Codec =H.264

Theres no need to do any special operation to record, it work with FAT32, obviously check that have enough space on SD card.

When you press Save, it may need to take some minutes to finish the operations (depends on the lenght of the video), when it have done the program change to another page so you are sure that it correctly elaborated/saved all the data into the video.

About 100% Cpu is normal as create video is very cpu intensive.

Hello,

how to pass this screen ? screen1.png

It seems that there are 2 buttons at the bottom that we can't see.

Thanks

Back