Simpsons Movie

pantera6 posted on Oct 13 2006 at 10:50 PM said:
unfortunatly after the movie theyre not making more eopisodes... :(

bah, the simpsons hasn't made me laugh in ages. it's sad, cause the older ones were really funny..

Last edited by a moderator:
true
those new ones really do suck, some dont, but the writers lost the whole grip of the simpsons

I don't know if anyone has been watching South Park recently, but they've really turned it up a notch in the last few episodes. The warcraft one I think is the funniest I've seen yet.

Anything from season 3 onwards is good... even now ( season 18 ) some still make me laugh out loud!!

I read an interview with Matt Groaning.. and he said they`ve been waiting to come up with a really good idea for a movie... not just half arse it with 3 episodes... so they got their idea and they`ve started the ball rolling..

I`m looking forward to it :)

btw that teaser`s been out a while!

lizard808uk posted on Oct 13 2006 at 04:34 PM said:
I don't know if anyone has been watching South Park recently, but they've really turned it up a notch in the last few episodes. The warcraft one I think is the funniest I've seen yet.
South Park is one of those rare shows that seems to be getting better with age. The Simpsons, on the other hand, hasn't been funny for nearly a decade. It's too bad that Futurama got cancelled, because its worst episode was 10x funnier than even the best Simpsons episode over the same time period.

In regards to South Park, I think the whole season dedicated to butters was amazing. I agree, it really is getting better with age.

Heres to South Park: THE NEW SIMPSONS (except it wont decline with age) !!!!!

I refuse to even watch this. I hate the Simpsons now, they lost everything they gained in their seasons up until ~2001. You can tell they've been milking a dry cow for the past five or so years, and it's so frustrating to see a past genius prostitute itself in such a manner. Shame on them, and shame on the morons who cancelled Futurama. Television's been going downhill ever since the last new Seinfeld episode aired. Thank goodness for reruns, eh fellas? :) Oh, and even the new Family Guy episodes are a load of crap, again, all reycled, rude jokes, without the slightest trace of wit.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Oct 13 2006 at 11:52 PM said:
Oh, and even the new Family Guy episodes are a load of crap, again, all reycled, rude jokes, without the slightest trace of wit.
I disagree. They arent completely as good as they used to be, but come on. They're still rather funny.

South Park is still hilarious so television isnt going downhill. Maybe get into some HBO shows, the vast majority of them are amazing and original.

It's not TV: It's HBO :D

Alex. posted on Oct 14 2006 at 04:52 AM said:
I refuse to even watch this. I hate the Simpsons now, they lost everything they gained in their seasons up until ~2001.

- Alex
I get the feeling that if everyone else watches it and it turns out to be really funny, you will end up watching it :D

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 14 2006 at 01:12 AM said:
pantera6 posted on Oct 13 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
unfortunatly after the movie theyre not making more eopisodes... :(
source plz?
I saw an interview with Matt Groaning in a couple of years ago, in which he said they planned on making a few more seasons and would then make a movie that would close the whole series.

Hardly ever watch the simpsons ever. I will probably be roped into seeing the movie but the simpsons has just lost so much appeal (to me at least) over the years. Family Guy has over taken it as my favourite animated series along with Futurama and South Park. So glad they wont be making any more episodes after the movie. About time. Means they can spend more time on the new Futurama.

Back