Sin

Q

quasist

I recently encountered this on search for SiN DM Maps. Board had no search results so I'm posting.

Megatog615 said:
I don't think it's the complete code. Probably released for modders.
I'm looking at the code right now, and there does seem to be quite a bit. There are 127460 lines total, though many of them are comments, and a couple of files are workspace files. If anyone has Visual Studio, you should check it out. I'm still trying to look for rendering code, so it's possible that key parts of the code weren't released, as you said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avik said:
Megatog615 said:
I don't think it's the complete code. Probably released for modders.
I'm looking at the code right now, and there does seem to be quite a bit. There are 127460 lines total, though many of them are comments, and a couple of files are workspace files. If anyone has Visual Studio, you should check it out. I'm still trying to look for rendering code, so it's possible that key parts of the code weren't released, as you said.

Heh... Lots and lots of game code releases but no engines out there, save from iD. This isn't any different, really. :D

In the case of SiN, however, they used an "enhanced" Q2 engine- which may give us an out on this one. Depending on what those enhancements were, one could probably take the GPLed source and mesh this gamecode on top of it and make it at least partly or mostly work and one could figure out what the enhancemenrts were and pile them back in as you go. Unfortunately, it would require the assets- something that you absolutely need rights to for it not bring the wrath of MumboJumbo (they own the rights...) down on top of your heads.

Having said this, I'd say it was still worth a look-see if the license grant would allow someone that did have a legit set of assets to play this on Pandora or on Linux in general...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back