Six Months Of Pandora Awesomeness

Great article. When you're at ground level it is hard to see all the changes going on around you. While I was aware of most of the points mentioned here. There were a few that I missed. Thanks for your efforts in keeping people up to date on all the Pandora AWESOMENESS, ekianjo!

great round up!

i have been teaching english to two people this week and have used the pandora hooked up to a tv and internet for some parts of the class.

i'll try to remember to take some pics before the week with them ends.

although i have used pandora before in class it was only hooked up to a tv, first time using a net connection at the same time.

never has a niche tech deserved the title of awesome more than the pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
a couple of shots of pandora hooked to tv and internet (via ethernet) used in class.

first shot showing students a collocation website called "just the word" and second pic using a listening from elllo.org.

note could not play a recording directly from elllo.org using jumaji browser, i had downloaded mp3, used the the site to show listening transcript, comprehension and vocab questions.

even with firefox playing media files a problem. that really is only downside to using pandora in class at the moment.

IMG_20130829_172202.jpg

IMG_20130829_172239.jpg

Well done, ekianjo.

It is really amazing how the Pandoras library has grown since I first got mine in february 2012 (about 320€ for a used CC back then

and about the same amount for an upgrade later on...).

Shield does that as a well done parasite from the Android/Smartphone library but Pandora does it on it's own.

It has become so much more than a GP2X-Successor thanks to all you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really amazing how the Pandoras library has grown
Yeah, completely agree. It's been changing very fast and I'm glad my earlier observation right at the beginning of Pandoralive (about the trend of the Pandora development) was totally right : faster and faster development pace.

http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=144

Extract from the article : 

Back