Skipping Intros In Castaway

fade

Website
Visit site
This might seem like a daft question, but i've had a little trouble skipping past some of the intros on some ST game discs. I have an old Medway Boys disk (num40) and I can't get past the intro screen. If i remember correctly it used to be just a case of a left mouse click or hitting Esc. I think i've done these correctly in caSTaway, I've switched from mouse mode to keyboard mode to try both, but still nothing. I must be doing something wrong, any tips?

It is almost always space bar or a number key, but it varies by the menu of course, so follow its directions; but if its a single game, space is almost always it. If its a menu of multiple games, its uasually a number like "1" to go to game 1, or sometimes "f1" to go to game one.

jeff

A useful tip. If you do get past an awkward intro do a save after the intro and you won't be scrabbling to find the right key next time.

I just wish I could remember how to start bounces on the c64 :)

BaDToaD posted on Sep 29 2004 at 07:31 PM said:
A useful tip. If you do get past an awkward intro do a save after the intro and you won't

Akward intros? Dang.. those are the biggest reason why ST & Amiga were made for.. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant awkward from the point of getting past the weird key combo etc not awkward from the point of the intro itself being a pain.
Personally as a total Amiga nut I love Intros and Demos and even bought some of the Scene compilation CDs like Scene Storm for example. I've even created ADF files and contibuted them to Amiga Sector One before it combined forces with Back To The Roots. So please forgive me Spiv I meant no disrespect to the Intro and Demo scenes of the 80s and 90s :)

Back