Smartq V7 Vs Pandora

1KeNnY1 said:
@ This thread

It says: SGX 530 is clocked on 200 MHz, 6.3M Triangles/s and 200M Pixels/s
It says: Samsung i8910 Omnia HD has SGX530 and runs Quake 3 around 20fps with full details
Same guy: also just said "on Samsung Omnia HD, you are able to run Quake3 with all maxed up settings, with frame rate 25+- fps"
It says: Mali-200 GPU (SmartQ V7) is clocked on 264 MHz and it can do 16.0M Triangles/s and 275M Pixels/s
It says: Mali-200 gives great Full HD playback.
It says: with good drivers, Quake 3 engine will run 30-50 fps with full details

Is this guy BS'ing?
I know that the SGX530 as ~14, why is 6.5M (half) stated?
If he did BS for SGX530, did he BS for other things? .... maybe about the v7? (ie great FullHD)

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Seriously, it not usable for anything else than read ebooks.

I don't know about THAT... I have a SmartQ7, and run the stock OS (the 800MHz version), along with WinCE, and Android. All are pretty usable -- I especially enjoy using Android on it. I use it for internet surfing (with midori and Android's browser), chat client, remote desktop connections, ebook/comic reading, video playing, some games (including Battle for Wesnoth!)... I've even used it as a super low-power bittorrent client. So it's not as useless as some people make it out to be. :)

Granted, when I get my Pandora, it'll replace my SmartQ7 for pretty much everything but ebook/comic reading. Oh well. :)

edit: What was the latest version of the stock OS that you tried? It was pretty horrible a few months ago... But with 5.2, it's not bad at all -- especially with the 800MHz version. WinCE and QDroid are worth checking out, too.

craigix said:
The fault rate of smart devices is shocking. Really really bad QC.

We could complain about Pandora's 100% fault rate so far.

I joke ^.^'. Is there anything comparable as a non-gaming device? (keyboard, long-ish battery life, better price by a little since we are getting less, gpu not required)
I suppose not much with a big dev community around it.

No gaming controls. That pretty much sums it all up.

As said so many times before: there is nothing like the Pandora out yet. And as far as we currently know, there isn't even a device in the making that is similar in terms of hardware and community.

Show me something with dual analog nubs, a full keyboard, an active open community with all bells and whistles, and then we talk.

Also, full touchscreen devices tend to get incredibly smudgy.

CC_machine said:
We could complain about Pandora's 100% fault rate so far.

what is your order number?

btw: good that you are still posting - you have the best sig in the forum.

Back