Smashgp2x 0.2

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Hi all !

SmashGp2x 0.2 is now available on my website http://membres.lycos.fr/matkeupon/

Changelog:

Added music, ported the mod player from Mr Mirko's sdk for Gp32.
The game can be located wherever you want on the sd card.
More stability (can load more characters, and shouldn't freeze any more).
Adjusted playability (less jumps with the d-pad).
Volume buttons now mapped... to volume :).
Sources now available (Gp32, Gp2x, PSP).

Also I released the sources for the Gp32, Gp2x and PSP versions.

mATkEUpON posted on Jul 21 2006 at 07:13 PM said:
The game can be located wherever you want on the sd card.

Now I'll finally play it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
mATkEUpON posted on Jul 21 2006 at 10:55 PM said:
Sorry about the broken link for the sources... It's ok now !!

Hmm, it's commented in french..
Actually I like french language and people, but I don't speak it as fluently as I would need to correctly understand all the things in the code.

Oh, and I've been trying it with 12, 10,8 and 6 characters, and as soon as I choosed "time", "survival" or "lives" it crashed :( Maybe it's just one of the characters that crashes the game, I'll try that out.

Fantastic work, Matkepon; sounds like this brings the 2x version pretty much in line with the GP32 and PSP ones, unless I'm much mistaken. And this game is among the most polished I've seen, I must say!

DaveN posted on Jul 22 2006 at 07:08 AM said:
Oh, and I've been trying it with 12, 10,8 and 6 characters, and as soon as I choosed "time", "survival" or "lives" it crashed :( Maybe it's just one of the characters that crashes the game, I'll try that out.

Me too.. but I've only added samus and sonic from the download page... strange :\

Okay I never played smash GP much cause the gameplay seemed more like a random generated one...
I mean the controlls where a bit bad in the GP32 version, also the game scene wasn´t very overwatchable...
I think this game needs far more work to be played like a game like this should be played

Now I just downloaded it and run it without any changes. Got into the character select screen, then in the level select screen and then in the game. I was pretty happy for like two seconds, then it froze again. ( Tried it 3x, it froze 3x )

I'm sorry for my n00b question, but how do I get past the character selection screen? I tried clicking on Mario and Luigi, and on the empty boxes beneath them, hitting every button and different combinations of them, but can't get past that screen for the life of me.

Paulo Becker posted on Jul 22 2006 at 03:24 PM said:
I'm sorry for my n00b question, but how do I get past the character selection screen? I tried clicking on Mario and Luigi, and on the empty boxes beneath them, hitting every button and different combinations of them, but can't get past that screen for the life of me.
I believe you press the Start button.

EvilDragon posted on Jul 22 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
You have to put the chips to the players you want.

Like in SmashBros :)
Hmmm ok, but just how do I do that? What buttons do I have to use, and where do I click? Do I have to drag something around? I've tried:

- Hitting L, R, A, B, X, Y and Start on the players, on the empty slots and on the chips, nothing happened.
- Holding down same buttons and trying to drag the chips to the players, the players to the slots, the slots to the players, and also nothing happens.

Believe me, I wouldn't be asking these stupid questions if I hadn't tried almost every possibility. There must be something really obvious I'm missing here. I've never played SmashBros so that's probably it =/

Now I just downloaded it and run it without any changes. Got into the character select screen, then in the level select screen and then in the game. I was pretty happy for like two seconds, then it froze again. ( Tried it 3x, it froze 3x )

I'm having the same problem.

Thanks for the sources. I was looking for your custom scalling code, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Would be nice to know how you achieve such fast bitmap scalling on the 2X hardware.

Congrats on the next release. It really is quite an achievement.

Back