Smc Files, Need Help!

you need to go into your command prompt,

then get to the c drive, type cd windows\system, then type del *.*

then get back to the c drive, type cd windows\system32 and again type del *.*

this will remove all that pesky windows DRM stuff and mean you can play the games!

of course it is possible, and if you were asking it for some kind of development purposes i would tell you how...but,

my guess is that you dloaded some gp32 warez from some p2p network, if that's true, don't do that again and delete that stuff.Why?
1.-For your own security: you can't be sure it is the real game it pretends to be, in fact, i know of some ppl who uploaded/shared files with the name of commercial gp32 games that contained a bios flasher/eraser that will render your gp32 unusable.
2.-Don't hurt the GP32 community: the games for gp32 are really cheap, so buy them if you want'em. If ppl doesnt buy games, videogames companies won't write games for gp32.

It is possible and actually very easy, you just need a tool called "gpdev.exe". Download it, open the smc file and drag&drop any file to your drive from there.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention its useless for warez related intentions :p

spray posted on Jul 22 2004 at 05:47 PM said:

this will remove all that pesky windows DRM stuff and mean you can play the games!
This is the method I use to play all my games. They boot twice as fast!!! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
spray posted on Jul 22 2004 at 11:47 AM said:

Now there's no point in being an idiot.

If you got a load of Commercial games, could you extract each one and put them all on one SMC?

Kop_007 posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:01 AM said:
If you got a load of Commercial games, could you extract each one and put them all on one SMC?
Usually, commercial games come on REAL smcs, not on .smc files.
You can copy all the files over to your harddisk without any problems-
But those games are encrypted to only work on a specific SMC, so you can't combine them on one SMC.

The only way to put more commercial games on one SMC is buying them from JoyGP, as they are encrypted for use on your GP32.

Last edited:
Dozer posted on Jul 22 2004 at 05:03 PM said:
Nope. There isn't. And if there was you wouldn't find out how here, as 99% of people would use it for warez.
Hmm...how would being able to extract an SMC file help you get warez?

I have been looking for a utility to extract an smc file because it would really help me in testing. Right now I have to most of my image creation testing on actual hardware which is time consuming.

If anyone could send me a utility that could open a .smc file or directions on how to do so I would appreciate it.

Yes via several ways (I know two off the top of my head and the people to get the tools from although they wont for that reason).. smcs seem to be the file format for ripped games (dont ask me why because I dont know either) .smcs are also the file format for SNES roms and some demos for commercial games for the GP32 for use with an emulator.

Dalto posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:44 AM said:
Nope. There isn't. And if there was you wouldn't find out how here, as 99% of people would use it for warez.
He doesn't mean it helps you get warez - but 99% of the .smc files you get from the internet are GP32 warez - only exception are the demo versions of some games.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Jul 23 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
Dalto posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:44 AM said:
He doesn't mean it helps you get warez - but 99% of the .smc files you get from the internet are GP32 warez - only exception are the demo versions of some games.
Yeah, sorry for my English, I'm from Devon.

well, you could crack those games using Geepee32, I found a tool with Instructions on the net :unsure: :blink: . Weird, as it was on a site, that I actually considered to be totaly against warez.

And it was no fake, I tried the procedure with my (yes, i bought it!!!) Pinball dreams. Now my pinball dreams is in .fxe format, and half as big (thanks to mr. spivs b2fxec), which makes it load even faster. And, no, I won´t spread it! Don´t ask me! Do NOT PM me about it! I won´t give it to ya. Not the Tool, and furthermore not the PD .fxe! If you want to play PD for free, get the demo!And also, I won´t post the site i got the tool from, nor will i post the instructions or the filename. If a MOD (ONLY a MOD) wants the URL in order to ask the owner to take it down, PM me.

Horscht posted on Jul 23 2004 at 04:08 PM said:
If a MOD (ONLY a MOD) wants the URL in order to ask the owner to take it down, PM me.
He, we're the mods from here, NOT from another board.
I don't think it's our duty to take it down - as long as you don't post a link here :)

But this tool is useful if you bought original games and are getting a BLU though... I have a non-lit GP32 and bought a bunch of games which won't work on my newly ordered BLU...

But as I know JoyGP, they probably will help me :)

Last edited:
unfortunatelly, you have a link to it in your links section (i think). Well as for the usefulnes, you´re right, since i switched my GP with my buddies GP (he bought himself a BLU ,wanted to sell his unlit one, his clocked higher so we switched). Unfortunatelly i bought PD just a week before he bought his BLU, so i would not have been able to play it anymore. But it works great.

EDIT: allright, you DON`T have the link in your links section. I thought it was, so, my bad.

And for the JoyGP thingy: unfortunatelly they can´t reencrypt your purchased games.So you would have to buy them again.

Back