SMC problems!!

midget

Still Fresh
i have 3 smcs, 2x 128mb and 1x 64mb. i havent used my secong 128mb card for a while, i put it in my gp, pacrom doesnt say there isnt a card it just freezes. when i try to pclink it comes up a communication error. ive tried repairing the smc file system. ive tried it in pacrom and it says its found and repaired 2 errors, but this doesnt fix anything, cos if i go and try it again, it finds another 2 errors and repairs them, this happens every time. if i try to repair it in gameparks bios, it finds no errors.
im running windows xp with latest drivers using a gp32 FLU and PC-link 1.3.1 unofficial delux patch
thanks
midget

Hi!

I have had some problems with PClink application on WInXP - communication errors etc.

After connecting my GP32 direct to a USB port (not hub or any other device with a usb hub) everything was OK.

Did you connect your GP direct to your USB port ? Do so and try to format your SMC.

Hi

I've got the exact same problem, pacrom says it found 2 bad blocks but can't repair them...

Since today I'm using a card reader and when i run a checkdisk on it, windows can't find these errors. My best guess is that pclink messes up your card quite badly. I wrote some gameboy roms on the card in a directory /gb and when i tried to read it in pacrom, it just resets (unable to read i guess). When I try to read it in windows using my cardreader all the files in the gb dir are all seriously messed up (strange filenames, all different kinds of symbols, etc.)

However I formatted again in pacrom and now everything seems to be okay
I'll never use that damn pclink again, but only my cardreader.
A cardreader is also much faster to write...

Back