Smoothness Of Vid Playback In 2.1.0?

kikura

Still Fresh
Although playback is now much more stable, no lock ups so far, does anyone else agree that fullsize video files (for playing in TVout for example) seem to be dropping frames and not playing so smoothly.

I don't want to re-encode at a lower res, because I want to be able to watch said files on TV.

I am watching at "FULL" clockspeed in the player too.

Reagrds,

Nick

Hmmm.

Maybe the encoding isn't right on the file, but it played just nice and smoothly on the previous FW, only the stability was rubbish on the previous version.

Remain puzzled :huh:

try "fixing" the avi stream with mencoder, that may help.
mencoder in.avi -ovc copy -oac copy -o out.avi

Yod4z posted on Oct 29 2006 at 12:54 PM said:
what is your fps in your video? 25fps or 23.5fps?

Well file properties are :

width 624
height 352
audio mp3 bit rate 132kbps
frame rate 23
vid bit rate 136kbps

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to transfer the video player from FW 2.1.0 to 2.0?

Because from what I've read one of the biggest improvements is probably only the video player, and I don't want to risk bricking my GP2X or getting problems with 2.1 over only 1 feature.

If it is possible could someone upload the new video player, so FW 2.0 users can enjoy it without upgrading B) ?

yes it is, i have done that, just copy it from the firmwae achive to your sd, and the skin files as well.

Thanks for the response Vimacs, I did as you said.

**EDIT** I thought it froze, but it works fine. It's just that it doesn't give you the option whether to load the last played movie or not, and it takes a few seconds.

Back