Release SnapSnap: Take easy screenshots (repo release)

I) I meanwhile managed to install SnapSnap. The usage instructions on the repo page are poor, please update them to something like:

1) Before running SnapSnap the first time, you need to install it — this is in contrast to most PNDs, which you "just run".

You find the installer at: Menu > System > SnapSnap Installer.

2) Follow the onscreen instructions (Choose "Install").

3) From then on you can use the hotkey F10.

(SnapScan even seems to override your currently focused app's key bindings, i.e. in Thunar File Browser)

II) I still fail to locate the screenshots.

I have this SD card setup (all partitions have labels!):

Left slot: pa (FAT32, PND apps)  / pb (ext3, alternative boot volume, emptied it according to your bug warning) / swap-partition

Right slot: pm (FAT32, media files)

Is there a config where I can set the path?

Where are the screenshots?

appdata/snapsnap is empty on both sdLeftPartition1 and also on the single partition SD in the right slot. appdata would be my first guess.

Or a root level directory such as /media[/pandora]/mySdCard[Partition]/screenshots/

THANKS for your attention!

Last edited by a moderator:
@kumaki: to take screenshots while something is in fullscreen you can set the program to take screenshots automatically every N seconds, then launch the fullscreen app you want to be saved

@porg: in the left SD you shoud have a directory "snapshots" (or "screenshots" ?) containing the saved images, in the SD root (/media/SDNAME/snapshots) NOT in the appdata

Have used this in the past to take screenshots to post on the forum to resolve issues, just tried it now and it isn't working anymore.

I don't know if Gruso is following Pandora anymore :( ...but will be usefull if you update the pnd of SnapSnap with your changes :)

It shouldn't reference any mmcblk at all as the sdcards are mounted with their labels.

This was not always the case so it might be a relict of some sort.

mcobit,
It uses

dir=$(mount | awk '/^\/dev\/mmcblk0/ {print $3}')

to get the left SD card label (/media/SDCARDLABEL) so it can create the screenshots directory /media/SDCARDLABEL/screenshots.

In snapsnap.sh and snapsnapT.sh the "mmcblk0p" on line 10 causes the command to return nothing so it ends up trying to put the screenshots folder on the root of NAND which fails.
Using "mmcblk0"  instead of "mmcblk0p" works.

Farox,
I am not really comfortable with posting a modified version of someone else's PND.

If someone wants to fix the PND just edit line 10 in both files, or replace snapsnap.sh and snapsnapT.sh with the (renamed) attachments, and rebuild the PND.

I have attached snapsnap.sh.txt and snapsnapT.sh.txt with the change to line 10.

To use it with the existing PND:

rename snapsnap.sh.txt to snapsnap.sh and put it in your /pandora/appdata/snapsnap folder.
rename snapsnapT.sh.txt to snapsnapT.sh and put it in your /pandora/appdata/snaptimer folder.

Uninstall and reinstall SnapSnap using the SnapSnap Installer.*

*The SnapSnap Timer works without reinstalling, but a uninstall and reinstall is needed for the SnapSnap F10 script (snapsnap.sh) to be updated.

snapsnap.sh.txt

snapsnapT.sh.txt

Attachments

• snapsnap.sh.txt
    785 bytes · Views: 166
  • snapsnapT.sh.txt
    850 bytes · Views: 145
Back