Snes Advance To Gp32?

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
Whilst reading ZD today, i noticed an update on Snes Advance, the GBA Snes emu. Interestingly it said that the source code has now also been released.

I recall a while back that someone said if the gp32 had a snes emu written entirely in asm, as this is, then it would fly.

Any chance of a coder casting a discerning eye over this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:31: Loopy's groundbreaking SNES emulator for GameBoy Advance has been updated. It also finally gets a version number. Here's what's new:

Added key config option
Menu key changed to Start+Sel+A+B
Many changes to graphics
Fixed a speed issue affecting some games
DAT format changed, added more settings
He's also released a debug version, a utility for changing SNES Advance's graphics, and the full source code for the emulator itself.

I'm pretty sure you'd never get it to work on the gp32. This emu's speed comes from the fact that the GBA and Snes hardware are quite similar and utilizes the gba's hardware to the max.

wouldnt do much good i think, but maybe some snippets of arm or asm or whatever its called could be modiffied for the gp32 current snes emu

~Octavious

yoyo wants to implement assembly in os9xgp as well.... at least he said that. lets see what we meet on 1may 04 in the gbax compo :)

we may be able to play it in gpadvance when that gets along further. that would be crazy...

Yeah, right.emulating the SNES with an emulated GBA would kick ass.

But i got an even better idea: why not buy a SNES, and write an emu for that one? This would seriously rock the shit out of everyone.

I hope you heard the sarcasm. Ill explain it to you: SNESAdvance is an emualtor, that runs about 90% speed, WITH SPEEDCKS (and without sound)its some sort of trick to speed up emulation. Os9xGP is much better, because you can emulate almoust any Game at 90% with FS1 (which is not as effective as speedhacks) without sound, and now the best part of OS9xGP: at FS2/3 WITH sound (sound rocks!). Another point is: emulation in emulation. So first of all, the GBA emu for GP32 wouldn´t be as accurate as the GBA itself would be (its like a German guy most likely wont speak as godd english as an american one could). And then you would emulate the SNES with even MORE inaccuracys.

the last point: SNESAdvance has very low compatibility. So who would prefer ir to OS9xGP?

Robster posted on Apr 7 2004 at 12:48 AM said:
Horscht said:
its like a German guy most likely wont speak as godd english as an american one could

I don't know, Americans tend to speak American, some of them are not very good at English! :D

*ducks*
hehe I agree :D lol...

Anyway.. Imagine Emulating the GP32 on a GP32 :D Like someone Port GeePee over to the GP32 LOL...

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha thats funny with the geepee thing
:lol:
anyways, the screen scaling is crap so why in the world would you play a bad scaled emu with many grphx glitches and no sound on a gba emu on the gp32? my gp32 is yelling at me now for just saying this, he says he has a headache

~Octavious

Back