Snesemu running at 156mhz

is it just me or is SNES9x (150MHz) not reading the SNES directory? it says it is but isnt. And it hasnt froze either, cuz I can move the rom selector pointer while everything to choose from doesnt show up.. choosing anything causes my GP32 to reboot :unsure:

Mofokubik posted on Sep 1 2003 said:
Well its easy, Say this is what you would put in for snes9x if you want it to run at 166mhz:
40 B3 D5 09 01 F0 02 00
For snesemu, I put in this:
01 F0 02 00 40 B3 D5 09
Its just putting one before the other. I suppose its the same for genemu as well.
So if you wanted to change snesemu to 156, you would do a search for 11 a0 03 00 00 29 de 07, and replace it with 01 c0 02 00 00 5f 4c 09.
Just tried this and although Genesis still works there doesn't seem to be any difference in speed, this was testing with Sonic 2, maybe I didn't do it right. I'll just wait for the program to do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still cant get it to work? Maybe my batteries are low the frontlight is flickering a bit? hmmmpfh :(

Before i try any of this, what are the side effects of overclocking? Is it just causing your Gp to reboot, or can it fry some circuits??

there is a rumor that it has damaged some screens, but then someone tested, and nothing happened, so now LOTS of ppls (including me) are OCing and nothing bad has hapened to anyone yet AFAIK...... (think its been ~1 month of OCing mostly?) If all the testing was right, worst it can do is freeze/reboot the GP32.

Back