Snk Mame Games?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
hi, loving the mame emulator thats just been released i was just wondering if in the future there will be any chance to play the SNK games on it like the super sidekicks, the simpsons arcade and dynamite dux? cant get off commando (world) on the mame emulator now love this game takes me back to my speccy days :)

Gaz.

I'm sure SNK did some very good games, Ikari Warriors might have been by them ? Sure some other good vertical shoot em ups

Have you tried the Speccy emulator on the GP32 Gary ? fzx32 is very very good (All Speccy games can be legally downloaded from the archive at www.worldofspectrum.org). Commando and Bombjack on the Speccy are brilliant but Bombjack on MAME works sooooo well !

I dont think any of those games you mentioned will work according to the creator ( Check http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/mame-gamelist.txt for games which should ).

Also there is a MAME forum now so post any stuff there...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=39

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too ! But MAME 0.34 does not have support to these games, and also Simpsons are to big for GP32 i think...

Maybe i could try to add drivers of later MAME versions to my port... I will see...

sorry i got confused i meant Neo-Geo games (so used to checking for snk on ebay lol) will there be any chance of getting these neo-geo versions to work on the gp32 in any future releases? especially super sidekicks :-D

excellent emulator thanks

Gaz

gary.mckeown posted on Mar 9 2005 at 10:13 AM said:
sorry i got confused i meant Neo-Geo games (so used to checking for snk on ebay lol) will there be any chance of getting these neo-geo versions to work on the gp32 in any future releases? especially super sidekicks :-D

excellent emulator thanks

Gaz

I think you must be smoking something !

Looking at Super Side Kicks on my romset its 3.1 MEG ! Super Sidekicks 2 is 6.7 MEG !

I think NEO GEO games are HUGE from what i remember so you wont have a chance of getting those to work (if that is the case)

You have to think of realistic games that might work on this version of Mame not 3 meg huge games like Super Side Kicks !!! Have to be realistic. Theres plenty of games i would love to see working but i know it wouldnt be possible on a lowly GP32. What Franxis has done already to the GP32 is remarkable

Last edited by a moderator:
Back