So Craig, Whats That Gp2x That You Have Like?

im not quite sure he will reply "its CRAP! dont buy" so basiclly its a bit hard to expect a honest reply :) so better not say anything. ill wait a bit after the gpx2 has been released and then i will read every fucking thread about it and then decide if i want one.

as of now, i want one :D

Have they even been built yet? As far as I know all craig has is a dev board with no official software, not final gp2x hardware in it's final case.

craigix posted on Oct 8 2005 at 01:32 AM said:
I have one alright, i'm going to post some info on monday.

What do you think of it? Any teaser info for now?

Last edited by a moderator:
have u got any extra units there as well craig?? if so, i'll come and pick one up in like 10mins!! :D

DaveC posted on Oct 8 2005 at 01:38 AM said:
craigix posted on Oct 8 2005 at 01:32 AM said:
I have one alright, i'm going to post some info on monday.

What do you think of it? Any teaser info for now?

I think "posting ino on Monday" is quite a teaser already. :p

TO CRAIG - if you see this, I emailed you and PM'ed you regarding the TV-out and movie playback resolution. It's related to a discrepency in info I've been given, and want to clarify things for my FAQ. Can you check if you got either message and reply? If not, I'll ask again. Thanks.

I don't have a TV cable with this unit. Its basicly a hand built unit with new firmware (still buggy) hardware is good though. USB does not work yet.

edit: Did you PM me on here? Hmm I don't have any new mail...

Have you taken a look at the buttons yet? Do they seem like they'll last and do the four face buttons look like they'd be easy to remove and re-arrange (Current's there's a REALLY weird format; I'd like to organize the buttons SNES-style).

I was thinking of rearranging them to the SNES style also, but on games that are ported it would be incorrect for them. All the games I played on SNES I have the buttons memorised anyway, so it might not bug me too much.

Oops, didn't see your reply Craig. Is this because of a hardware bug, with the battery power I mean, or did GPH just cripple the beta/dev units? I hope they are just crippled and won't set back the release of the GP2X.

Wow, I sound paraniod.

Thanx,
Stan

Azure posted on Oct 9 2005 at 12:22 AM said:
Have you taken a look at the buttons yet? Do they seem like they'll last and do the four face buttons look like they'd be easy to remove and re-arrange (Current's there's a REALLY weird format; I'd like to organize the buttons SNES-style).
Ick.
All other games would suddenly become confusing.

Hanz™ posted on Oct 8 2005 at 06:23 PM said:
Azure posted on Oct 9 2005 at 12:22 AM said:
Ick.
All other games would suddenly become confusing.
I'm also wondering if it'd be easy to re-wire them so that wouldn't be a problem. Or perhaps just only re-wire them so that I don't have to learn one more button arrangement (Seriously, the GP2X's is REALLY weird).

it's only wierd if you can't think outside of the SNES arrangement. just concentrate on the buttons you need to press and not the letters on them and you'll be fine.

I mean heck if we ever get a decent Playstation Emulator are you going to carve shapes into the buttons? :p

Back