So Much For Open Source Nokia

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Execs booted at nokia
MS & Nokia allied

Well, there were more articles as well, but you get the idea. As someone on engadget commented, going from open source to locked sd cards in days hurts. Since I still avoid Google (I don't trust advertising companies with my data), I'm left with chinese knockoffs & community distros (non-existing to non-working) and Bada. "Yay" for amount of freedom left. :( Then again this means that sidedevices like the Caanoo and Nanonote become more attractive again.

Meh, I should've known that when I get into enjoying computer wars and fanboy flamefests again, my side would loose. :p

klikklak said:
Execs booted at nokia
MS & Nokia allied

Well, there were more articles as well, but you get the idea. As someone on engadget commented, going from open source to locked sd cards in days hurts. Since I still avoid Google (I don't trust advertising companies with my data), I'm left with chinese knockoffs & community distros (non-existing to non-working) and Bada. "Yay" for amount of freedom left. :( Then again this means that sidedevices like the Caanoo and Nanonote become more attractive again.

Meh, I should've known that when I get into enjoying computer wars and fanboy flamefests again, my side would loose. :p

I'm seriously considering a WebOS phone on my next purchase. I'll never buy another Nokia again.

Last edited by a moderator:
webos is great but all teh models so far have shitty battery life and sometimes are not the smoothest but it is and open platform,we can wait for china WCE7 based phones meizu may spin the own os again(own meaning not android)

Back