that the UPS delivery address had to be the same as the address known to
the credit card company.

So today I was on the UPS site, and saw that the packet is already in Zurich
(the city I life), and they tried to deliver it twice, but my co worker was
not at home, and probably he won't be there the next days too. :(

Does anybody know how long the UPS guys try to deliver a packet before
they give up? Do UPS packets come with a TTL flag and get sent back when it
reaches zero? Hopefully not...

Perhaps there is a packet center where they store it, and I can pick it up...
Guess I'll make a phone call today.

I believe you can pick it up yourself if you have an ID.

Sorry dunno bout UPS m8, but annoyingly I think ill have to wait till late nxt week till i can get mine.
I put the enough money to cover the GP32 and a SMC into my credit card account today cos I was out of credit. Then the lady told me that it will take about 4 working days for the money to go through. AHH!! I was gonna order tonight and hoped to be playing it at the weekend. Nevermind it will be mine!

I also went around everywhere today to sell my ps2 games. I had so much trouble cos they kept sayin there were too many scratches on em. Anyway eventually i got some money for em and that went towards the GP32 fund!
And get this I sold my GBA which i only ever played F-Zero on for the cash for my GP32. I have switched from the dark side, that screen was awful!

Yeah, I ordered a non-blacklit one like a week and a half ago but they didn't have any in stock. They were supposed to get black-lit ones in a few days so I just upgraded my order to one of those. Then the order never came, she said they should get them today. So hopefully I'll have it for this weekend. Kind of funny when you think about how I was hoping to be playing it last friday since I paid for 24hour UPS shipping.

Well I made a phone call today, and perhaps I can pick it up at the packet depot tomorrow...
I really can't wait to finally hold it in my hands, especially since I'll travel from Switzerland to Italy
on Friday morning, which means 'bout 9 hours travelling by train and nothing to do. And on
monday the whole route back... *horror*
I got about 300MB of data on my PC to put on 2 already bought SMCs and I would be
really, really annoyed if I couldn't take my precious GP32 on this trip while knowing that
it already waits for me at home! :(

Shibaz posted on Apr 16 2003 said:
Yeah, I ordered a non-blacklit one like a week and a half ago but they didn't have any in stock. They were supposed to get black-lit ones in a few days so I just upgraded my order to one of those. Then the order never came, she said they should get them today.
Sounds exactly like my situation. They told me that the order wasn't arriving till 17th and that they were shipping them straight out.

I don't hold out much hope of getting them this side of easter (Friday and Monday are UK holidays).
:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe it, I really got mine yesterday!

But I had to do a hell of a trip to get it, since this UPS station where I could
pick it up, was hidden in an industrial area, far far away from the city center.
The area looked like one of the industrial zones in a "Sonic the hedgehog" game.

I got there by train, taxi, bus, and on foot. I had to walk for about an hour
to get back from there to the train station, since it was already 22.00 and
no busses were driving anymore. I was so fucked up, when I finally got home.
And then the PC Link software was not working. I was close to a nervous
breakdown. But finally I got everything working and this morning I was
already happily playing R-Type in train. :D

I hope that you get yours too for the holidays. I know the situation... when
you await something so eagerly, destiny always decides to have some fun
with you first.

Glad to hear everything worked out so well for you, welcome to the GP32 owners club :D

MrT

Back