So What Exactly Is The State Of Play With The Gpx2

Status
Not open for further replies.
... did anybody actually think about how lonk it takes testing 1000 units?
10 minutes per unit, to be sure.

That's 10000 minutes.
Anyone still wondering what craig does the whole day and why he doesn't sit on the computer 24/7 ?

I wouldn't take any of this too much to heart craig, i think everyone is getting a bit over excited, we're like hungry dogs with meat in sight...
Set us free craig! set us free! :p

I do realised I've been a bit of a tit, the reason we haven't heard much is your probably trying to get everything sorted so you don't get any moany "spacs" like us.

"and not ship everything until next week?" ergo they are shipping this week
:D BE HAPPY PEOPLE :D

I know that I would rather have a working unit with a good joystick and screen next week, than a duff unit tomorrow ;)

Craig has read of the hardware problems and has decided to test units which is good for all of us. This may take more time. Relax..

That's 10000 minutes.
Anyone still wondering what craig does the whole day and why he doesn't sit on the computer 24/7 ?

Nice....that would take 7 days, working 24/7. I just hope he has some help ;)

Honestly, I rather wait as long as it takes. And I don't blame this delay on Craigix either. He didn't manufacture them or spread all these rumors around. I think he's doing everything he possibly can to get these units out.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the behaviours of many of the people on this forum (Many of whom haven't been members very long), I would say they don't deserve an update. I would love to say let them wait until they suddenly get an email. "Your unit's in the mail, have fun."

Yes, I'm crueller when I babysit. "No coming out of your room until you've shined my shoes and counted to 6 million brush strokes"

To be honest, I don't have much right to be pissed off really, seeing as I only ordered last week.

But an update would be nice... an e-mail, a site update, can't be that hard. Please?

At least you asked nicely, Nickspoon. Which puts you in a very quickly shrinking minority, as every member that's been posting seems to be hostile.

The pursuit of money is the root of all evil, but pre-release jitters seems to come a close second.

That's 10000 minutes.
o_..

Isn't 10,000 minutes like, a week straight? It's awesome that you guys are doing this for us, but... well, damn. Even if it takes a month, this definately makes me glad I ordered from GBAX instead of GP32z even though I'm in the US.

Are you finding many poorly made units, by the way? Not that important, I'm just wondering. :)

hostile were not hostile ,we just would like a friendly update ,no one thinks that anything untoward is happening ,we are just worried about the state of the console, no news is not all ways good news…..please for the love of god a update of substance …..

That's 10000 minutes.
Well, I'm hoping, that as one unit is tested, it is promptly packaged and sent to whoever is next in the list, alphabetically or something... And occasionally to the big box destined to gp32x.de. :p

That's 10000 minutes.

10,000 minutes and they all have to be tested one after another without any posting window? We british never did understand JIT. 1000 units time how much profit per unit? a fiver, ten, twenty, thirty pounds?

i am still more than happy to wait, but the same thing comes again after craigix's post calling all his *very* loyal customers "spacs" (Someone compared him to argos and curry's.. these places do not collect money until an item is shipped).. that a post on the official UK distributors website (which would probably have taken less time to effect than was spent insulting customers) would have stopped a lot of the talk on this site over the past week or so or at the very least put peoples minds at rest....

Now, I have a plane to catch, with a suitcase full of money!

Hahaha. Ha. Ha Ha.

<_<

I understand your point, but this guy has taken on a pretty damned large task of making sure we all get our stuff, and that we get stuff that doesn't brick itself the day it arrives.

As for the lack of information, we're all kind of irritated about it.

But remember, this isn't like other handhelds out there such as the PSP... they got us all excited then made us wait, but we've all been through the same thing with various software products(especially the games we see at E3... almost every one thats been there as been pushed back a year ;-) ), and this is a software problem they're working on. If you aren't willing to be understanding in the point that these guys REALLY want to bring us a kickass product, and that they push it back for GOOD reasons, then don't preorder. Wait till the thing has been out for a while. When you preorder something, you always take the risk of waiting longer than you intended.

Plus you and other people threatening this company with a cancellation just doesn't help.
The last thing we need is to back these guys into an even tighter corner than they are now.

silentalarm said:
I've been waiting patiently since I preordered in mid-September, with the understanding that I would be recieving my unit in the second week of October.

I'm just wondering where you got that idea from?

The only date I ever saw was from GPH saying they would ship on the 30th of Oct, which was then delayed until the 7th-11th of Nov because of the USB/WinXP compatibility problem.

That's 10000 minutes.
o_..

Isn't 10,000 minutes like, a week straight? It's awesome that you guys are doing this for us, but... well, damn. Even if it takes a month, this definately makes me glad I ordered from GBAX instead of GP32z even though I'm in the US.

Well, of course he's got some help (they are testing more than one unit at once), but it still takes a lot of time. Time he can't spend on the computer to write updates.

He already told they are currently testing, so until there isn't an update, he's still testing ;)

Well, I'm hoping, that as one unit is tested, it is promptly packaged and sent to whoever is next in the list, alphabetically or something... And occasionally to the big box destined to gp32x.de. :p

Don't worry, we'll test the gp2x here (much faster than having craig and team do all the work), and about 20 hours ago, GPH dispatched a laaaaaaaaarge package to UK.

So, it will still take a few days longer as we thought, but now that the units are dispatched, there will be no more unexpected GPH-delays :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back