So Whats The Killer App?

killer app that's not on the zodiac or gp32? ONscripter, of course :p
EvilDragon just posted 6 new visual novels that use onscripter that are in english and have been resized to be legible on the gp2x's smaller screen. He's also working on resizing narcissu's menu and will then release that. I would highly recommend you try out narcissu, it is truly a great story (and the music is wonderful! ). I will be trying out the other visual novels when I get home today.

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 19 2005 at 04:17 PM said:
EvilDragon just posted 6 new visual novels that use onscripter that are in english and have been resized to be legible on the gp2x's smaller screen. He's also working on resizing narcissu's menu and will then release that. I would highly recommend you try out narcissu, it is truly a great story (and the music is wonderful! ). I will be trying out the other visual novels when I get home today.

Whoa, 6 new visual novels, great. That and drmx are my killer apps for the gp2x so far. :)
I need another 50 euro to get one, but I'm going to a family xmas party soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Draken posted on Dec 19 2005 at 04:14 PM said:
deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 19 2005 at 04:17 PM said:

Whoa, 6 new visual novels, great. That and drmx are my killer apps for the gp2x so far.
Well, i used the term "new" rather loosely. They're newly available on the gp2x archive ready to put on your gp2x, but they have probably been out for quite some time. Also, narcissu is about the size of the other 6 put togethor (about 130MB) so they're not all that long. I just finished another one (" a winters day" or something like that...) and, while quite good, it wasn't nearly as good as narcissu and it was MUCH shorter. It took me about 40 minutes to finish (just an estimate as I didn't keep track of the time). One thing i've noticed from this one and narcissu is that they don't really have very solid endings (not a bad thing!) which leaves a lot of room for interpretation (thought-provoking conversation; something we should see more of in our off-topic section :p maybe i'll start a thread about narcissu later....). Well, on to homework, and after that, another visual novel! (or possibly episode 20 or stargate SG-1 season 5!)

EDIT: added some stuff about thought-provoking threads

Yeah, I know, they're here for quite a while but only now got ported, but I prefer to do all that stuff when I'm not on my pc, and I'm more of a handheld fan. :)

Narcissu so far is the only I read, and I quite liked the ending, but you're right. I wondered what happened afterwards, what happened to the narrator, etc.

Well, I'm going to try the poor little bird story. :)

I got a gp32 blu (not the blu+) and a gp2x, and if I compare drmd on both machines, then the crystal clear screen quality is enough a reason to buy the gp2x asap.

Plus, NK's NeoGeoCD emulator is just amazing. Metal Slug and Pulstar on this small screen is a wicked experience (though I do not know whether there is a NeoGeoCD emu for Zodiac).

I was in the same position as you - owned a GP32 (non-lit) and a Zodiac.

I ebayed the Zodiac and bought a GP2X - I didn't use the PDA aspects of the Zodiac and the GP32 was better for games (in general) than the Zodiac - the Zodiac scene seemed to be running out of steam a little.

IMHO, the Zodiac is a better Portable media player than GP2X - although the GP2X screen is good, it simply cannot match the Zodiac for watching a high quality Movie.

I've only tried DRMD on the games front on GP2X - and at the moment it's all I need - it is in itself sufficient reason to buy a GP2X. End of story. (and my 6 year old son is very happy with his "new" GP32).

redcup posted on Dec 20 2005 at 10:21 PM said:
and my 6 year old son is very happy with his "new" GP32
so, what does he play on this "new" gp32?

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 21 2005 at 12:40 AM said:
maybe lady killer? :lol:
i forgot that that was out for the gp2x.... i've been busy playing things that aren't on the gp32 right now but i think i will try that out and see if there are any more "levels"

redcup posted on Dec 20 2005 at 10:21 PM said:
(and my 6 year old son is very happy with his "new" GP32).

I am now very upset that my gp32 has a crack in the screen (happened during a move). My daughter turns 6 on Christmas so our kids are about the same age. What upsets me is that your son has a "new" gp32. My daughter took over my GP2X!

She was playing the Zodiac for a while, but it doesn't hold a charge these days and it keeps losing all the games. She has a Zaurus C1000 that she plays with and that is still a favorite of hers, but she loves the GP2X. I haven't used it in days, but she uses it everyday.

I am glad I never let her touch my PSP!

David

Edit: I just read what I typed and thought to myself "what a geek I am turning her into". Worst part is... I am so proud! ;-)

Back