So - which module and by default which carrier(s) in the US will the US version of the Pyra work wit

that can hurt them if people want to bring their own phone, and can't.
I've noticed a strange loyalty in many US consumers that completely baffles me that I don't really see anywhere else: a lot of people will just stick with the same whatever even if its not the best for them. This covers everything: politics, products, sports teams, you name it. Every time I'd visit, my father-in-law would complain about his barber, how expensive he was and that he never did a good job; he had no good reason to go, he had just always gone to this guy. And then he moved and couldn't go to the same barber, found a new barber, and stopped complaining.This isn't an isolated incident. I've heard people say they're voting republican because they always vote republican, that they're rooting for their old hometown team even though they hate the players and have since moved to a completely different state because that's the team they grew up with.

This is mostly in older people, over 30s, mostly over 40s now I guess, it is changing with the younger crowd, but it still seems so bizarre to me. I'd expect a few that don't like change but for there to be so many that an obvious pattern is emerging? Something is going on, I just don't understand what. It would not be a surprise to me at all if being locked to a company and being force to buy *their* phones is seen as a benefit to some people: no need to worry about comparing features or network compatibility, just pick the phone that's in your budget and you're done.

I've always interpreted that as not wanting to admit being in the perceived "inferior" group. People rationalize their choices and allegiances to themselves and others so they have a reason to not change their stance on the subject, which is apparently seen as weakness. In the saddest cases this self-assurance enters the "mock everything else in an attempt to increase the relative status of own group" phase, prominently visible in, say, "console wars". People are just afraid to have to admit being "wrong" to themselves or others. Even if they had done the best choice given the information they had at the time. AFAICT, it's all about appearances.

I did some checking.  T-mobile's online service order system (purchase) will not even recognize Nebraska zip codes as valid US zip codes.  Asking around, it appears that their service here is so bad that they don't sell to this market.

So, I guess I'm looking for a sale at AT&T.

Back